Chapter 2 - Fenrys Point of View

Hope you guys enjoyed chapter 1, It took me forever to write it but I finished and figured I should start on the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it and please leave comments. This is in Fenrys point of view and begins while Aelin is with Maeve before continuing from where it was left of from the previous chapter.

-Essix789

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It's been nearly 15 years since that fateful day on that beach. Aelin can hardly recognise anyone anymore and every time I go in to feed her she is either unconscious or staring blankly at the wall or the door.

Maeve stopped ordering me to put her back in the Iron box (even though it is more of a coffin than anything else) 9 years ago when Aelin stopped responding to anyone and anything and instead orders me to place her in a iron cell or worse, Rowan's old room which is where Cairn chooses to have her placed for most of her torturing sessions.

The only ones who can get a response or reaction from Aelin are her son and daughter, Rhoe Sam Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius and Evalin Lyria Nehemia Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, and even then it is barely more than a shake of her head or a hoarse whisper.

Both Connall and I were band from entering her cell and helping her after Rhoe and Evalin were capable of eating anything other than Aelin's milk.

Those few months after her pregnancy were probably the happiest I've seen her since that day, that dreadful, horrible day that the young heir of fire, the woman I know I wish I could've served and the one who serves with loyalty and kindness instead of fear and hate, handed her fate to the queen I am forced to serve all to save a human girl who's mother died to give Aelin a shot at life, just to give this girl who has been locked up for most of her life a shot at freedom and love.

About five years after Rhoe and Evalin were born, Aelin had another child as a result to being raped by Cairn. Harrison has none of Aelin in him and is instead all Cairn. He has no love for Aelin, Rhoe or Evalin.

Instead he hates them, mostly because he is not as powerful as them, with the same amount of power as Cairn has and has none of Aelins fire magic. But Rhoe and Evalin, when they were born a blast of power came from each of them and that power shook the Earth in the few seconds before Maeve had iron shackles placed on them and took them away.

Then one day both Connall and I are called to Maeve's throne room.

"Well my lovely wolves, it has been a fun few centuries but I am afraid I must say goodbye to you. You are both released from the blood oath with dishonesty because you have placed your allegiance with the Heir of Fire."

We both had looks of shock on our face as 4 blood red lines appeared on Maeve's arm, drawing blood, similar markings appearing on our arms as we fell to the ground in pain. That was when I noticed a light coming from underneath a door near the throne. Before either one of us had a chance to question it Maeve continued speaking.

"Cairn! Vaughan! Throw these two through the portal too."

A split second later they appeared, grab each of us and began dragging us to the door with light seeping through the cracks. When they opened the door a portal was revealed with Aelin, Rhoe and Evalin already through.

Before either Connall or I could comprehend what was happening, we were tossed through the portal as well. Less than a second after we arrived at this strange place the portal closed, leaving us trapped with no where to go.

***

We'd been here for a few days, and lucky for us Rhoe had managed to steal a few bandages and supplies from numerous guards and Connall had the keys to unlock the shackles that were on Aelin, Rhoe and Evalin, giving them free movement.