Swept in the Wrong Direction (One Direction Fanfiction)

Authors Note: Thank you @DyingToShoutOut for making my newest and better cover :) I love it :)

“Ugh Kaleigh, sometimes I just wish you and I never met!” Niall said to her.

Niall’s eyes widen as he clamped his hands over his mouth. How could he even say that to her? Kaleigh, she was his best friend. They did everything together. Kaleigh looked at him with tears in her eyes, she was shocked. Never did she think that her best friend would say something like that too her. 

“Kaleigh, I-…” Niall started to say.

“Don’t Niall, just don’t.” Kaleigh said as he walked away from him.

“How on earth did this even happen?” Niall asked himself.

A year earlier:

“Kaleigh, I have to tell you something.” Niall said.

“What is it Niall?” Kaleigh asked.

“You remember how I was on X Factor and we formed the band One Direction?”

“Yeah, how could I not remember?”

Niall stopped himself for a second; he wasn’t quite sure how he would tell her that he’d be leaving for a long time. The band ended up getting a great experience. A worldwide tour and Niall needed to be there. Otherwise the band wouldn’t go. It was all or nothing in this group of friends. He even asked if Kaleigh could tag along. Unfortunately, they declined that question. The record company said a girl would be too distracting to come on tour.

“Well, a record company signed us and we’re planning on going for a worldwide tour.” Niall explained.

“Really, that’s amazing Niall!” Kaleigh smiled.

“I know it is, but the bad thing is I won’t be able to see you much at all because I’ll be touring.”

“Oh, that is definitely the bad thing.” Kaleigh said as her smile faded.

“Don’t worry; we can Skype every day if you want to.”

“That’ll be good but it won’t be the same since you won’t be here with me.”

“I’m sorry Kaleigh I did ask if you could come but the record company said it would be too distracting for a girl to be on the bus with us.”

“I get it. Thanks for trying anyways. I am happy for you though. You deserve this. You’re an amazing singer.”

“Thanks Kaleigh.”

Niall hated seeing his best friend so down. It made him want to cry. He always wanted to be there for her, no matter what. Kaleigh was always so upbeat and made it fun for everyone. When she was sad it seemed like she’d be depressed for days. Telling her this news and seeing the sadness in her eyes made Niall not even want to go.

“I could just stay here and not go.” Niall explained.

“No, I want you to go. I don’t want to be the reason that you don’t get to live out your dream.”

“You’re amazing Kaleigh, you know that?”

“Of course I do. Um, when do you leave?”

“We leave in a couple of days.”

“And you just now tell me?”

“I was afraid to tell you, I wanted us to have fun these last few days.”

“I guess I can understand that. I really don’t want you to leave me.”

“I know and I don’t want to leave you either but I love singing and this is the next big thing for us.”

“I know and you don’t know how proud I am for you.”

Niall smiled, “That means a lot to me.”

“We’re going to have to make the best of these next two days.”

“I’ve got some ideas.”

“What are they?”

“Sleepover, water gun fights, movies, junk food, and tons more!” Niall smiled.

“We can be pigs and pig out together!” Kaleigh laughed.

“Exactly and we can watch some scary movies!”

“You know I hate those!”

“But I love them. Please?”

“Fine, but if I get nightmares I blame you.”

“I’ll be there to protect you don’t worry.”

“Yay, I’m glad.”

“Me too, these next two days are going to be amazing.”

“I know I can’t wait to be with you all two days.”

“I wouldn’t want to spend them with anyone else but you anyways.”

“Aw, you’re too sweet.”

Even though Niall was leaving in the next couple days Kaleigh was working on being strong for him. For the first time she was worried, she’s been thinking that he’ll possibly meet another girl and forget all about her. That’s what frightens her. Kaleigh is not intending on losing her best friend because of a worldwide tour.

“Is something wrong?” Niall asked as he played with my hair.

“You won’t forget about me will you?” Kaleigh asked.

“Of course not, how could I forget my best friend?”

“There’s going to be tons of screaming girls who’d love to have a piece of you.”

“I promise I won’t forget you. You’re always going to be my best friend.”

That made Kaleigh smile; even though he’ll be a million miles away from her he wouldn’t forget her.