Let Me Be Your Wings

Astrid's POV

I was lost. cold and hungry. I had no idea that if I was traveling in the right direction or not. I had been through Vallhalla and back with many people who wished to persue me as their own. I however managed to evade them after many attempts. While I knew that I was a strongheaded young woman, I had one thought in my mind. Henry. 

Flashback

I was dancing on my windowsill, and dreaming of the day when I would find someone that was like me. Small but mighty. As I was dancing to an imaginary dream in my head I had begun to sing. What I didn't know was that I was being watched. 

Henry's POV

Flashback,I had been flying with Toothless and had suddenly brought him to a sudden stop. While I was trying to get away from my father, I just had stop and look at the beauty that was dancing and singing on a lone windowsill. I looked through the window and watched for a moment before I made my way towards the slightly open window. I made my way inside and watched as the young girl still danced and sang. I noticed that she seemed to still be unaware of  my presence, so I made my way behind the book and cut out a square in the page ,so that I could still see her. As the girl began to talk to whatever she was imagining, I made my move. 

"May I cut in." I said. 

Startled the girl ran and began to hide in a large tea pot. I followed her.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." I replied 

Then I realized that maybe I should put the sword away, as not to scare the fair lady anymore. 

"I am really sorry, but if you would just come out I will explain my presence in your vicinity." I said .

I watched as the girl smirked and then hid once more in the nozzle of the tea pot. What I didn't know was that she was coming out on the other side. I watched in fascination as she came out into the open.

Astrid's POV

I looked at the man that was standing before me. I looked at his wings. Then it struck me. He was one of them! Noticing my staring he asked; 

"What, what are you looking at?" 

I just kept silent still trying to comprehend that there were others my size in the world. Getting antsy, the young man said something once more.

"Please say something."  The man said.

I decided to open up my mouth and exclaimed;

"You're, you're one of them!" I said. 

"I beg your pardon?"  He replied not understanding my outburst.

I laughed a little and responded.

"I thought I was the only one my size in the whole world!" 

It was after my outburst that Hiro, the family dog woke up and growled at the intruding fairy. With a quick move the man pulled out his sword ready to defend me, but I cut in and said; 

"Hiro, no, no he is a friend, he is not hurting me." 

Hiro, seemed to take the answer from me and placed his head down on his paws and still kept a lazy eye on me as I continued to interact with the fairy.

Henry's POV

After the dog was calm, I calmly put my sword back in its rightful place. 

"If it is not to much, may I ask the name of the lady to whom I speak?" I said.