twenty-two

"Oh my god! You look amazing!" I snicker when August approaches me. He's dressed in a lovely pink unicorn onesie. He couldn't possibly think I forgot our little bet. He scowls at me and gives me the finger. I laugh a lot more till I'm crying. He can't look intimidating in that outfit. Colby pinches his cheeks, while Bryce coos at him. Thea, Laney and I giggle excessively.

The bell interrupts our little scene and we all part ways. I start to walk to my Math class, aren't I overjoyed to see Mrs. Putton! I pass a row of lockers but something catches my eye. A piece of paper taped up on the first locker. I squint at it, it looks to be a person. I step towards it.

Oh no.

No this can't be happening!

On the paper, was me. In my bra and panties. But I was at the waterfall. A caption read "Slut!". My heart hammers in my chest as I glance around. Who could have taken this? Only the guys and I were there. Thea had some family thing. But she wouldn't have done this.

I hadn't invited Laney, and she didn't know that I was going.

I crumbled the paper and slipped it in my bag. I didn't want someone digging it out of the trash. Then I scurry to class.

"Late again are we?" Mrs. Putton calls out as I sneak in. I sigh.

"Yes, I had an emergency. It won't happen again." I mumble.

She stands up and strides closer to me. "That's for sure, Detention now! I expect you to be on time."

Honestly, I prefer detention over this class anyways. I nod and walk out. Once again, I sit in the old desks. Mrs. Beckett grins at me.

"Hello again. What was it this time?"

"I was late to class." I say.

"She gave you detention for that?" Mrs. Beckett looks flabbergasted.

"Yeah, She really loves me." I joke sarcastically. Mrs. Beckett laughs. The rest of the day went pretty well. Mrs. Beckett let me stay here for the rest of my classes. I made a note to be late to Mrs. Putton's class more often. I walk down the crowded halls towards the exit.

"Willow!"

"Hey Thea." I wave and keep walking. She looks at me worriedly.

"What?" I ask.

She hands me a slip of paper. I unfold it and see my half-naked body. "Where did you find this?" I whisper.

"It was in my locker. Who took that?" She answers.

I shrug. "I don't know! All the guys were with me the whole time. You or Laney didn't come. I have no idea."

She pulls me outside and to my truck. "You need to find out! If someone, like Kamilla or Anna, you will be screwed!"

My heart drops. But then I recover. "So what! I was clearly at a waterfall! And what is the difference between a swimsuit and a bra and underwear? They look the same!"

Thea shrugs. I sigh. "Need a ride or?"

She shakes he head "No". I wave goodbye and head home. I change into comfier clothes when I got home. I finished up extra homework. Then watched a movie. I sigh and stare at my ceiling. Ugh! What can I do? I've done just about anything. I look over in the corner of my room. My guitar sits there all sad. I hop up and grab it. I wipe off the dust then strum. I cringe. Oh god. I tune it a bit then start to play a random melody.

I smile as my room fills with music. I play and play for what seems like hours.

Knock.

"Come in!"

My mom steps in and smiles. "I heard music and was kinda shocked. I haven't heard you play in a while." I set my guitar down and face her.

"I was bored and just decided to play." I admit.

"Well you should more often." She points at me. I put my hands up. "Okay, Will do."

She lingers for a second, but leaves soon after. I look down. Yeah, I should play more often.

***

"12 Vanilla with Chocolate Icing!" Mrs. Louise shouts. I tighten my ponytail and start on the order. I mix the batter, then fill a cupcake pan. Then, pop them in the oven.

"The wedding is coming up soon Willow!"

The Wedding? Which Wedding? Oh! The one that the lady came in for a few weeks ago. I beam with excitement. Weddings Cakes are always fun to make.

"Do you have an exact date?" I ask.

"Janurary 5th, So we have about 2 weeks!" She replies. Oh cool! I go to the file cabinet in the back and flip through till I find the ticket.

"Mrs. Becky Markson-West:

-3 tier vanilla, white icing

-Red Rose Detailing

~Payment Type : Card

Mr. Layton West

xxx-xxx-4326 " I read aloud.

West? Oh shit.

I dial up August.

"Blondie?"

"What is your dad's name?" I ask, straight to the point.

"Layton? Why?" He says slowly. No...

"Uh, I think your dad might be having a wedding."

"What? Very Funny Willow." He laughs. This was no laughing matter.

"I'm serious, I'm holding a recipet that says your dad bought a wedding cake!"

"Oh"

"Yeah.."

"Where are you?" He asks loudly.

"Sweet Treats, Main Street."

The line goes dead. Should I have not told him? I feel lying would have been the worse option. I sigh and wait for what was to come.

***

Ohhhhhh snap! Things are heating up!

Who do you think took the picture of Willow?

QOTC: Favorite Candy?

(VOTE AND COMMENT!)

-Ava

Ps. Excuse the boring bits, I wrote this super tired soooooo yep xD