Chapter 3

I sat back, "I'm trying to help you calm down, stop lying to me!" 

       He groaned, "Sophie! LISTEN TO ME! There is no way that you are getting off of this island. There is no way anyone is going to get off of this island." 

      I rolled my eyes, "Even if what you said about the giant squid was true, there must be some way that we are able to get off this island!"

     He shook his head, "No. You must have done something real bad to get yourself on this is island in the first place. Tell me Soohie, what have you done?" 

     I racked my brain for memories but found nothing. "I...I.... I can't find anything Kyle!" I m'exclaimed. 

     He put his hands together, "To solve this, you need to rack your brain for memories!" 

     As the  sun shot on us again, I became dumbfounded at Kyle's beauty.    He was tan, that's for sure. But I wasn't surprised. This is what happens to you when you live on a burning isLand like this one. His eyes were shocking blue, shining in the sunlight like  jewels. I got so caught up that he clapped his hands in my face, "Hello? Earth to Sophie!" 

     "I was... Racking through my brain!" I answered, stammering. 

      He chuckled. "Yeah right!" 

       I thought for a second, "I found my last name!" 

        He looked excited for a moment, "Really?" 

        "Yeah, It's Dean." I said, making it up.

         He smiled. "Sophie Dean. I like it!" 

         I blushed, "Thanks. But, how does that help?"

         He laughed, "Sophie. Knowing your history is very important. Now that we know your family name is Dean, we can research more about your past. So, we can see what you did that made you end up on this island!" 

        I squirmed in my seat. But that wasn't my last name. I didn't know my last name. "We're researching?" 

        He nodded, "Yep. I'm researching your background, and vice versa."

         I swallowed down the lump in my throat, "Are you sure that's a good idea? You know like researching  the  other persons past?" 

        He looked strangely at me, "Yes! What do you mean? We need to know each other better  if you really want to get out of this island!" 

       I faked a smile, "Of course! But you might not find too much about me. I'm not by popular!" 

        Kyle chuckled, "That's alright. The.... Thing I'm using has everything we need. Here", he passed me a piece of paper. 'Kyle Hunter". It read. There was also some weird words and numbers scrambled together. 

       "What's this?" I asked him pointing to the scrambled letters and words.

       "That's the password". He explained.

       "For what?" I asked.

        "Get dressed and I'll show you!" He answered and then walked out of the room

        I yawned and got out of bed. I found an antique closet hidden behind my door. As I pulled open the doors, I found many pairs of clothes. As I checked the tags for the size, I realized that it was exactly my size. What did Kyle know about me? Anyways, I pulled out a nice Lavender dress. It had ruffles on the top. It was short and knee-lenth with stripes running down the front. I found a striped belt that matched the belt perfectly. At the bottom of the drawer I found a nice pair of lavender heels. I don't really like heels, because they feel really uncomfortable but the shoes were too pretty to resist. It matched my foot perfectly as I slid it on. 

     I looked at my combat boots lying on the floor and walked out of my room. I spotted Kyle at a table in the living room. He looked at me and nodded his head in approval. "Nice outfit!"

     I stared at him, "Did you buy this?"

     He laughed, "Oh no! You know Kadyn? He had a girlfriend, and wanted her to come. He borught a whole load of clothes for her. That's why I put you in that room, because she seemed like your height and everything".

    I nodded, "Ok, so. About the research?"

    He suddenly got up, "Right. Umm, follow me!"

    He led me to a room and pointed to a shelf, "There. I put 2 laptops in there. One for me, one for you. Feel free to take one!"

    I carefully opened the shelf and found a MacBook seated in a slot. I brought it out, smiled at Kyle, and rushed back to my room. I went into my bathroom to take a look at myself. My golden blonde hair had faded a little at the edges. My frame was skinny, and before then I hadn't realized I was hungry. The dress fit me like a glove and as I leaned into the mirror I spotted a golden light. It was hidden under the toilet, but now I was able to see it shining through. 

  I walked up to the light and took the golden thing out. It was a tiny ball. I cracked it open and inside a found a small note. 

          My dear, please do not leave me. I know that you are angry. This island you cannot leave, so please stay with me. I love you Katrina. Come back my dear. Please, come find me on the Ember Gardens at 3 pm. I'll be waiting for you there!"

   -K

  I had not expected for it to be a love note. It was obviously written to a girl named Katrina. Written by who, I do not know. This paper seemed to be read, and also very old. The edges were crumpled and it had seemed that the paper was written a long time ago. I decided to invistigate this Ember Gardens.

  I walked out of my room and was going to sneak out the front door when Kyle said, "Where are you going?"

  I smiled, "Just a stroll. Got some snacks?"

  Kyle smirked and went to the pantry, where he grabbed a granola bar and tossed it to me. 

  "Thanks", I said already opening the wrapper.

   "No problem," He chuckled. 

   Before I left I asked, "Hey, Kyle. Do you know where Ember Gardens is?"

   He frowned, "Yeah. Just two blocks down. Why?"

   I stammered, "Oh, I just found a picture and the bottom said Ember Gardens, so I wanted to know where it was. The picture was awfully beautiful, so I thought maybe I would take a stroll around there".

  He looked suspiciously at me, "Ember Gardens isn't the least bit beautiful. It's full of dead trees and animals".

  I laughed, "Ha. Well, I'm sure it's not that bad!"

  Without hearing his reply I walked out of the door in a hurry. 'two blocks down', 'two blocks down', I reminded myself. 

  As I noticed dead trees approaching, I realized that I had reached Ember Gardens. There was a stone bench placed at the far end of the garden. I took a step forward and saw a lump on the bench. I took another step forward and I was shocked to find that there was a human. 

  Scared to see who the person was I shakingly tapped  him/her on the shoulder, "Hi, who are you? I'm Sophie!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY THAT I LEFT YOU ON A CLIFHANGER. THE STORY IS CRINGY AS HECK, BUT STILL ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. YES I WROTE 2 CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY AND THE CHAPTERS ARE ACTUALLY LONG! ANYWAYS, PROBS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPENING AGAIN, BUT I HAD SOME FREE TIME TODAY. NOW, BYEEEE!

P.S. IT'S ABOUT 1200 WORDS LONG.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~