Chapter 1

I don't want to go to my new school. It's all the way in Dublin. I don't want to move, but I guess I have to. I woke up at 7:30 A.M. on Friday. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got out. I grabbed the blow dryer and was drying my hair. About fifteen minutes later, it was dry. I walked back into my empty room. I opened one of the boxes with my clothes in it, and took out my jeans, grey tank top, tan cardigain, and my floral combat boots. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my phone. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a fruit tart. My mum then came into the kitchen.

"Hello, sweetie. Nice to see you're up," she said as she rubbed my back.

"Yeah. But I don't see why we have to move," I replied.

"You know why. You're father has been offered a job in Dublin. I'm sure you'll love it," she replied.

"What about my friends?" I asked.

"You'll make some new friends. I'm sure of it," she said as she sat at the table.

"Yeah but not my friends," I replied.

"Just go grab some boxes, sweetie," she said. I walked to my room and grabbed the first box I saw. I then walked out of my room and ran down the stairs of the flat. I walked around the corner and saw my dad by the mover's truck putting in some boxes. I gave my dad the box and ran back inside. When we finished packing up, we were headed to Dublin. The drive took hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next Monday I had to go to a new school. It was hard. I didn't want to leave my friends, but I did anyway. Now I have none close to me. I woke up at 6 A.M. and got ready. When I got to school, I said goodbye to my mum and walked in. I headed to the Headmaster's office after asking for directions from some nearby students. I got all my books and headed to class. When I walked in, everyone was crowded around a desk. There was only one boy who wasn't. I walked over to talk to him.

"Hi. I'm H-"

"Hallie. Yes I know. I'm James," he interrupted me.

"Nice to meet you," I replied.

"You can sit here next to me," he said as he motioned to a desk to the right of him.

"Thank you," I said as I sat down.

"No problem," the bell rang. Everyone rushed to their seats and one boy came over to me.

"Uhm. That's my seat," he said. James looked up and stared at him.

"No it's not," said James.

"Oh. Uhm sorry James. It's your seat," he says looking down at me.

"Thank you," I reply. During class, when the teacher was at the board, James handed me a piece of paper. I look at it and it says, Call me, please, and after was his number. I smiled and put it in my pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked home, I heard rustling behind me. I quickly turned around and saw nothing behind me. I turned back around and started walking quicker. I then turned around because of more rustling. When I turned back around, James was right in front of my face. I screamed really loud and then smiled.

"Gosh. You scared me," I said as I slapped him lightly.

"That's kind of the point," he laughed.

"How bout you walk me home?" I asked.

"Of course!" he replied.

"Thanks," I said.

"It's my pleasure," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got to my house about ten minutes later.

"Hey, you should come in. You know, unless you have to go," I said.

"Sure," he replied.

We walked in and my mom looked very surprised.

"Hey Hallie. Who's your friend?" she asked as she put the knife she was holding in the sink.

"Mum, this is James. James, this is my mum," I introduced them to each other.

"Hello Hallie's mum," he said with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hello James. You can call me Kelli," she replied.

"Alright. Kellie," he giggled.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" my mum asked.

"I would love to! Really, but my mum is going to be worried. Thank you though," he said as he opened the door.

"I understand," replied my mum. He hugged me quickly and I hugged back.

"Goodbye Hallie. I'll see you tomorrow," he said.

"Bye James," I replied as he walked out the door.

"He was sweet," said my mum.

"Yeah he is," I said with a big smile on my face.