Chapter 3

"This is very unusual," said Sherlock.

"What is?" asked James.

"The body," he replied. "It's sort of, torn, the skin is."

"Yeah I saw that," I said.

"What could've happened?" asked James.

"The murderer, he tried to skin him. He then shot him to make sure he was dead, which he was way before he had shot him. The victim bled out," said Sherlock.

"Who do you think could've done it?" I asked.

"I don't know. And I don't like not knowing. The murderer, he didn't leave a trace. I really don't know what to do," he replied.

"Why did you call us in here?" asked James.

"Because. I needed somebody- a companion. You two looked all right, so I picked you out of the crowd," he replied.

"Don't you have any friends?" I asked.

"No. People don't really like me," he looked at the ground. "Anyways. I should get going."

"Wait!" I yelled as he started walking out of the room.

"Yes?" he asked.

"What if we need you again?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"What if there's another murder? We need to contact you if that happens," I said.

"Just call Lestrade," he replied.

I laughed. "Just give me your phone already," I said.

He looked me up and down. I left my hand out, waiting for him to hand me his cell phone. He stared at me for about fifteen seconds and then reached in his pocket. He took out a cell phone and put it in my awaiting hand.

"Thank you," I said. He just kept looking at me. I entered my phone number and then handed him his phone. He then started to walk away. I caught up with him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Yes?" he turned around.

"You forgot to give me your number," I said. He turned around fully.

"Oh. Yes. Right," he took his hand out of his pocket and put it out. I then put my phone in his empty hand. He typed in his number and handed it back to me.

"Text me. Don't call. I like texting," he said as he gave me the phone.

"Alright," I replied. "Goodbye then."

"Goodbye," he looked at his contacts, "Hallie."

He walked out of the school and me and James followed. He then went straight to Lestrade. He told him everything that he told us. They said their goodbyes and headed to their black car. They left in a hurry.

"I wonder what that was all about," I said as I turned to James.

"I don't know, but I don't like him," he replied.

*************************************

I walked up to my room avoiding conversation with my parents. I threw my bags on the ground and sat on my bed. I didn't do my homework because the teachers said we don't have to do our homework. I got on my phone and started looking through my contacts.

Sherlock.

I clicked on his contact and pressed send message.

Hi Sherlock. It's Hallie. We met earlier.

Ah yes. Hello Hallie. Did Dublin need me again?

SH

No. I just wanted to say hi.