Chapter 2

After dinner, I walked in my room and started my home work. A while after I was done, I opened my binder to find the note that James gave me. I entered the number in my phone and called him. It went straight to voice mail.

Hello this is James Moriarty.

I'm sorry I couldn't get to your call.

Leave your name and number and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

BEEP

"Hi James. This is Hallie. You told me to call you, so I did. Please call me back."

I hung up the phone and looked at my messages. None. I guess since I moved, no one really bothered to text me. I put my phone on the charger, and got out of my bed. I walked to the door and turned on my fan and turned off my light. I walked back to the bed and got in. I couldn't fall asleep, so I just sat there and thought about James. He is really cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning Hallie," said James as I got my books out of my locker.

"Hi James," I replied. "I called you last night."

"Yeah. I know. And I'm sorry. I was really busy with homework and stuff," he said as we walked to the classroom.

"Yeah. I understand. I just had no one to talk to," I said.

"Oh. I'm really sorry. I am. My mum and I went shopping when I got home, and then I had to do my home work when I got back. I really wanted to talk to you. I just couldn't," he said with sincere apology in his voice.

"I told you it's alright," I replied.

"Ok. Will you sit with me at lunch?" He asked.

"Of course I will! Who else would I sit with?" I replied.

"Ok. See you then. I've got to get to class," he said.

"Me too," I said just before he could rush off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart was pounding when I entered the lunch room. There were so many people. I haven't ate lunch here yet because I came after lunch yesterday. I got in the lunch line and ordered some chicken and chips. I went down the line and then got it at the end. I paid for my food and then started searching for James. I was looking at the tables with the most people at them, when I should've been looking at the ones with almost no people sitting at them. I found James sitting alone in a corner table just slowly eating his food. I started walking through the crowd of people. I then got to the table and slowly sat down.

"Hi James," I said.

"Hi," he replied. He seemed really sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Bad day in class," he replied.

"Oh," I looked down at my food. "Would you like some chips? Chips make everything better."

"No. I'm fine," he said not looking at me the slightest bit.

"Do you always sit alone?" I asked.

"Yes. People don't like me," he replied.

"Why not? You're cool, funny, and very nice." Also very cute.

"Thanks. I don't know why but no one really likes me," he said looking up at me. "Except you." He smiled.

We finished our lunch in time for the bell to ring. We then walked to class together. We sat in the same seats we did yesterday. Before class started, James handed a boy a piece of paper. Carl Powers, I think was his name. I caught a glimpse of the note and it said:

I O U

The weird thing is that it didn't say anything other than that. The boy seemed to be terrified. I found that really weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Carl didn't show up to school. It's as if, he had magically disappeared.

At gym, when the boys went to change in the locker room, one of them screamed. He came running out and said that Carl was dead. Everyone rushed into the locker room to see the horrid scene. Carl was very bloody and it seemed as if some of his skin were ripped off. The gym teacher immediately called the police.

"Lestrade. I need you. One of the students have been murdered," said the gym teacher.

Everyone was evacuated from the school. Soon reporters and police were at the school.

By the end of school, the man named Lestrade was at the school. He brought along with him a boy, who looked about seventeen, my age.

"Hello," said Lestrade to the gym teacher as they shook hands.

"Hi, Lestrade," said the gym teacher.

"This is Sherlock," said Lestrade as he introduced the boy.

"Nice to meet you Sherlock," said the gym teacher to the boy.

"Nice to meet you too," replied Sherlock.

"So what exactly are you doing here?" asked the gym teacher.

"I'm the world's only consulting detective," replied the boy.

"You? A detective?" asked the gym teacher in shock.

"Yes. I would like to explain it but you wouldn't understand," said Sherlock.

"The kid's a genius. He's already graduated," said Lestrade.

"Alright. I'll let you take a look at the scene. Only because Lestrade said you're a genius," said the gym teacher.

"Thank you," he said. He shook hands with the gym teacher and headed in mine and James's direction.

"Hello. I'm Sherlock. Sherlock Holmes. Have you two seen the body?" he asked.

"Yes we have," I replied.

"Good. I need you," he said as he put his arms around the both of us. He led us inside and into the locker room. He then started investigating.

A/N-

Yay! Long chapter! Please vote, and comment! I love y'all!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

xoxo

SH