Chapter 11

The young Earl looked round the crowded ballroom, the expression on his face far from amused. After an hour of wandering round from person to person and getting little more then hello's and simple light chit-chat, he was slowly becoming more and more annoyed.

"Still think this was a good idea?." He said sarcasticly as he looked at Sebastian.
"Once things begin to get going, I'm sure people will loosen up... become a little more talkative." The butler replied, glancing down at him.
"Put some of the more expensive liquor out... that should loosen a few tounges" Ciel grumbled with a frown.
"Yes, my Lord." Said Sebastian, giving him a small bow before heading off.

"Ciel! Ciel! Come dance with me!." Elizabeth called as she ran towards him, a big smile on her face.
"Dance?... oh no... Lizzy please.." Ciel groaned, shaking his head.
"Oh come on now... What's the point of having a ball if you won't dance? Please Ciel.. for me?." She said, giving him her irresistible puppy eyes as she took hold of his hand.
"Alright." He sighed, following her on to the floor.

The sound of loud music filled the ballroom, the sound of constant chattering slowly making Elin's nerves tense up.
"How boring." She thought to herself as she watched the dancing couples making their way round the floor, not noticing the figure approching her.
"Aah.. be-still my pounding heart!." Came a strange voice.

Elin turned to find a tall, blonde, finelly dressed gentlemen standing next to her. "I beg your pardon?." She said with a wary expression.
"Oh heavens above... your beauty! It blinded me from afar.. I must know your name." He said and bent down, kissing her hand.
"Oh.. eh.. it's Elin.... and you are.. ?." She asked, pulling her hand away.
"Why my dear lady... I am the Viscount of Druitt, Aleistor Chamber. Surely you've heard of me." He said with a swauv smile.
" 'fraid not... don't get out much ya see." She replied awckwardly.
"Then perhaps we should become a little better equainted my lovely... come dance with me." Said the Viscount, reaching for her hand.
"Oh.. eh.. I.. I do apologise.. please don't think me rude for it, but I'm really not one for dancing.. " She replied as she stepped back.
"Oh my... such a shame.. oh well." He shrugged and abruptly walked off towards a small group of giggling ladies watching him from across the room.

Elin sat down at the edge of the room, after talking her way out of the grasp of four more random men that had all asked her to dance. "Why can't these guys take the hint... I'm only here to keep on Ciel's good side." She thought to herself, sighing.
"You! You miss!." Came an unfamilliar voice, a voice with an odd accent.
Elin looked up to find a tall unusually dressed man with tanned skin and long dark hair standing before her.
"I am Prince Soma Asman Kadar...and I wish for you to dance with me." He said firmly, a smile on his face.

Elin shook her head. "A Prince no less..... well, eh.. your highness.. please do fogive me.... I mean no offence, but I'm really not too fond of dancing... and these shoes.... are quite uncomfortable." She replied, rubbing her ankle.
"I insist!... such a beautiful lady should be seen in the arms of a Prince like I." He said with a slight frown.
Elin sighed, looking down at the ground "No choice." She thought to herself.
"Prince Soma, may the Master borrow you for a moment? He'd like to introduce you to someone." Said Sebastian as he walked up to him.
"But I.." Soma began.
"He was quite insistant about it Sir." Said Sebastian giving Elin a disgrete wink.
Elin gave him a thankful smile and watched as the butler led the Prince across the ballroom.

Elin made her way to the table in search of a drink. As she stood there she noticed a tiny spider making it's way up the wall.
A dark smile grew across her lips as a thought crept in to her head.
Elin then stood across the room from the buffet table, watching closely as people came and went. The smirk on her lips growing in to a devious smile as she watched Elizabeth picked up a cup from the stack, smiling as she lifted the juice filled jug.
A high pitched scream rang round the ballroom drawing everyones attention. Ciel ran to her "Elizabeth, whats wrong?." He asked as he watched her.
"Eeeeewww! Spider! Spider! Huge huge spider!!." She squealed as she flug the cup away. She wrapped her arms around Ciel holding tight.
"Calm down it's gone" He said rolling his eyes in annoyance, he pet her on the head, sighing as he watched the tiny creature scurry away.

Elin stood there watching, fighting hard not to laugh.
"Naughty, naughty you." Came a familiar voice from behind her.
Undertaker stood beside her, a huge grin on his face.
"Hehehe...nicely done my devious little lovely. I do love a good laugh and I must say, I love that mischievious side of yours." He giggled, giving Elin a playful prod.
"Couldn't help it.... I'm sooo bored." She groaned, frowning.
"I knooow the feeling love.... these fancy eristocratic dooo's are always such a bore." He said as he grabbed her left hand in his right.
"Hey!." She squeaked with a suprised look.
"Cooomme, dance with me.. that should ease the bore, at least for a whiiile." Undertaker smirked as he pulled Elin close, his left hand slowly snaking it's way down around her waist.
"You.. you know I don't..." Elin stuttered.
"Sshhh." He wispered as he slowly moved her across the floor, pulling her close against him.
"Ooh you...!." She huffed resting her head against his shoulder in frustration.

The Viscount stood glairing at the pair. "She refuses to dance with me.. me! And yet she dance's with that demented old coffin maker?!... unbelievable." He growled, a look of anger on his face.
"Me too! And I am royalty! Where are this womans standards?.. Ciel certanly has some truely odd friends." Prince Soma grunted, his arms crossed and nose in the air. A look of irritation on both men's faces.
"I do apologise gentleman. Miss Elin isn't exactly a social butterfly like some of the other lady's here. Quite the opposite to be honest. Perhaps she simply felt more comfortable dancing with someone she knows." Said Sebastian as he stood beside them.
"You mean she knows that creepy old man?." Asked the Viscount looking over at the tall dark butler.
"Indeed, I do believe they are quite close friends. Hmm.. yes, Miss Elin really is quite a shy young lady." Said Sebastian with a smile.
"Women... such strange creatures." Said the Viscount shaking his head.

"I do believe we're drawing an audiance" Elin wispered as she glanced around.
"Let them stare..." Undertaker replied with a shrug. "Let them be jealous." He continued, smirking as he pulled her tighter against himself.
"Jealous?." Elin said curiously, looking up at the tall silver haired man and catching a slight shimmer of his bright, luminous yellow-green eyes.
"Of course... to see the dreary oold Undertaker, dancing round with such a loovely lady in his arms... the lovely lady that turned down everyother gentleman who asked her so far." He teased, grinning as he watched her blush.
"You... you saw that huh?." She said, feeling a little embarresed. Undertaker nodded at her with a smirk.
"I.. I.... oh.., you know I don't like being gawked at.." Said Elin, looking up at him, a pink tint to her cheecks.
"Weeell... come on then..." Undertaker wispered as he took her hand, his long boney fingers tightly entwined with her soft delicate ones. "Let's leave the sheep to graze, shall we." He said as he led Elin out towards the doors.
"Sooo rude.." She giggled as she followed him.