37) The Problem With Triangles and Hearts

Dedicated to the people who read a book in one sitting

37) The Problem With Triangles and Hearts

The feeling of falling can be daunting. Sometimes you know what's at the bottom of the dark chasm, other times you're just tumbling into what feels like oblivion.

When we become reckless we start to let ourselves fall even if we've made the same mistake before.

Some people seek it for the adrenaline rush while others do it because they have no choice.

A part of falling that we forget about is the faith and the hope.
Hoping someone will catch us.
Having faith to know it will be okay in the end.
Wishing for the possibility that instead of falling we'll fly.

***
If there was one thing that I was good at it would be falling.
Falling down stairs, falling over invisible blocks on the path, falling for the thought that life is normal and boring.

I'm not a super gullible person but when it comes to my friends I seem to have a blind eye.

"Hey friend" Zoe practically yells from the other side of my phone. Nobody should be this perky at this time in the morning "How are you on this beautiful sunny morning. Can't you hear the birds just singing you into what's going to be a wonderful day?"

I move the phone away from my ear to stop her voice from bursting my eardrum "Okay, calm down there Snow White. I think the entire village can hear you."

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Blame the kookaburras." Looking outside of the window I lock my tired eyes with the evil beady ones staring back at me "The stupid birds wouldn't stop laughing at me. Oh great, now I'm becoming self-conscious because of birds" I sigh "What do you want me to do Zoe?" Whenever she is this hyper she usually wants something from me or is scheming. Let's just say it never turns out well for me.

"Can't a friend call to say Good Morning? I don't want anything from you. I just wanted to offer you a lift to school."

"You have no other intention besides picking me up in your car and driving me straight to school. No detours included," I double check these very important points with her.

"I'm offended. What kind of friend do you think I am?"
There are many answers to this question but that is a whole other can of worms I don't want to open up right now.

I switch sides with my phone so I can grab breakfast from the fridge. There isn't much to choose from as it is either raw meat, weird pickled stuff or something in the back that looks alive. Bread and butter seems like the option that is least likely going to give me food poisoning.
"A nosey one that likes to medal with my life, especially when it comes to my very non-existent love life."

"You say non-existent I say you need a little shove in the right direction then you'll fall right into the arms of your true love."

I am getting nowhere with her

"Is this your way of telling me that you've planned something that I won't be able to get out of?"

The ignition of her car purrs through the speaker "You say the funniest things sometimes. I'll be there soon, don't you worry."

"Oh I-" the line goes dead "won't" I shake my head and make my way to the front door keeping my fingers crossed that the drive to school will be quick and will not require any questions.

Throwing the heavy bag over my shoulder I swing the door open and almost drop my keys when I find someone standing right at the front door ready to knock.