Realization

Hermione was sat in Fred's bed. She still hadn't gone back to her apartment since that night a few days ago. Honestly, she was scared that Ron would still be there waiting for her to try and convince her to come back to him.

Fred and George had offered to go and find out for her but she declined, feeling safer at their apartment more than she did her own. The twins were currently downstairs working. She could hear the laughter from all the kids which made her smile.

Hermione knew she was overstaying her welcome, but something about this place didn't make her want to leave. There was something holding her here that she didn't want to let go of.

Sighing, the witch got up to make herself some breakfast. Having been there for almost a week she practically knew where everything already was. Grabbing a mixing bowl from underneath the counter and a whisk, she started making the pancake batter. Once that was done she poured it out one by one in circles on the skillet that she had previously brought out.

The pancakes sizzled for a while before she flipped them, letting the other side bake. By the time they were done the twins had been lured back upstairs by the smell, leaving their employees downstairs to handle the shop.

Cut up strawberries, powdered sugar, syrup, and whipped cream had all already been laid out on the table, only waiting for the food they'd be on top of to arrive.

"Blimey 'Mione, you didn't have to do all this," George said, mouth watering at the sight in front of him.

Hermione blushed, wringing her hands together. "I know. I- I just feel like I'm overstaying my welcome and I wanted to do something nice to say thank you."

Fred sent a smile to the witch before pulling her in for a hug. "You didn't have to do this 'Mione. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you want."

"Especially if you keep making these awesome pancakes," George added in, mouth already full.

Laughing, Fred kissed the top of the witches head before sitting down next to his brother and grabbing his own pancakes.

Hermione was stood there, a big blush and small silly smile on her face after Fred had kissed the top of her head.

"Aren't you going to join us?" Fred asked, pulling out the chair next to him.

The witch nodded, sitting down and taking a plate and some pancakes for herself, the same smile still on her face.

And that's when she realized what was holding her from leaving.

Fred Weasley.