4~Touchdowns and a Phone Call

The start of this chapter is more Jace oriented, as I wanted to include him too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first day went relatively quick for some students, for others it was like hell. Jace entered the boys locker room to see Alec in his gear, leaning back against his locker, with this look on his face.

"Always the first one ready huh, things haven't changed" he said coming up behind Alec, not sure how to start the conversation as he's never seen Alec with that look before.

"Huh...yeah, well being the captain has its downsides for example having to be here first" he answered back, without the usual sass and ego he tends to carry when he mentions he's captain to Jace.

"I still can't believe you're the captain" Jace muttered, throwing his bag in his locker.

"Jealous?" He asked chuckling, although the laugh didn't seem genuine, almost forced.

"No, I'm proud of you man" he knew that sounded a little sappy but he felt that Alec needed a little bit of it right now.

He gave Jace a quick punch in the arm before running on to the field, weird Jace thought. The other players started coming in so he chose to get ready, before coach was on his ass for being late.

After changing into all his gear he ran onto the field, looking over at the new group of cheerleaders this year. He was about to walk away when his eye caught the sight of a girl coming out from behind the others, she had fiery red hair, and a fierce look on her face.

"Herondale, stop staring at those cheerleaders and get your ass over here" the coach yelled, pulling him out of his trance, all the others players started laughing.

"What can I say, it's a pretty hot line up this year" he smirked as he made his way over to the rest of the team.

After discussing the plays, each player found their position. Alec was chosen to be quarterback, he's one of the best ones over the years. Jace took his spot as the teams wife receiver, mainly because he's one of the quickest players.

When Alec said the words to begin the game we all focused: "Ready, set, hut" That's when he threw the ball and Jace ran to keep up with it, catching it as all the players were up against him from behind.

A player from the opposite side came running towards him but Jace skimmed him just in time, and kept on running until he got to the line and slammed it down.
<~>~<~>
It had been over an hour since Jace scored that first try, and the second one, and maybe the fifth one but he was still going on about how amazing it was to score.

They were all back in the changing rooms and guessing by everyones reactions, all the other were feeling the same way as Alec was about Jace's rambling because they were all grunting and telling him to 'SHUT THE F*CK UP".

But of course it wasn't having an effect on the blonde, so Alec gave it a go.

"Jace shut the hell up" he gave Alec a look but he stopped, changing out of his gear "Thank you".

Since Alec was team captain he had more responsibilities than the other players, one of them being that he was held accountable if anyones equipment or gear broke or went missing. So, just like last year Alec stayed behind after all the players left, making sure everything was in good condition and in the correct location.

He made his way back to his locker, and put his bag over his shoulder when the door opened. He didn't really take notice of it since players always forget things behind.

"Alexander" only one person used his full name, and it sounded just as perfect on his lips as it did years ago.

Alex turned around and met with those eyes "Magnus" he smiled, embracing the boy in a hug as he couldn't this morning.

"I've missed this" Magnus sighed, burying his head the crook of Alex's neck.

"Me too" Alec agreed, forgetting how a simple hug from this boy could brighten his day "What are you doing here?" he pulled back to look at the boy in front of him, still not believing he was here.

"Just wanting to see if you wanted to do something, since school's over" Magnus mumbled.

"I mean here Magnus, in Los Angeles" Alec chuckled, a true laugh, not at all forced.

"Oh uh...I begged my parents to let me come back, as long as I promised not to fall back into old habits" a sudden look of realisation came over Alec's face "No, no, I don't mean it like that, I lied to them, told them I was past that point in my life, I definitely am not though"

"I'm really glad you're here" Alec pulled him in for another hug, unable to get enough now that he's standing in front of him.

"So, do you still wanna hang out later for a while?" Magnus managed to get out, as he pulled back just slightly.

"Um...you know what sure" Alec replied, a smile as bright as day.

"Great, what time is good for you?"

"Well I just got out of practice now, how about we meet at our place in a hour" Alec suggested, hoping it wasn't only him that still thought of it as theirs.

"Our place?" Magnus asked, surprised more than anything that Alec brought it up.

"You remember where right?" Alec got a little nervous, really hoping that it wasn't only him that remembered the impact the place had on them.

"Of course I remember, how could I forget, it was our place when we were younger....well before we drifted apart you know" Magnus added at the end, a reassuring smile to let Alec know it wasn't just him.

After a quick goodbye, they both left the locker room through different exits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it. Are you all okay with how it turned out, do you want something to happen with clace or do you all want something different, I will listen and I will take it all in.
Once again thank you for reading. Xxx

Re-edited: August 14, 2020