new neighbor

Chapter 6. New neighbor

"Make a left up here" I say to Axel as he turns into my neighborhood, "you live in this neighborhood?" He asks out of disbelief.

"Yeah...?" I pose more as a question than a statement watching his lips curl up into a smirk. I wait for him to say something but he doesn't, "another left right here" his smirk now into a grin as he chuckles to him self. What's his problem?

"My house is the blue one coming up" I say as he comes to a complete stop in front of my house and he stares at me in disbelief, "This is your house?" He asks and I slowly nod my head, "why?"

His once confused expression is now a smug one, he grins looking back at the steering wheel, "nothing"

"Thanks for the ride" I say with sincerity, his lips press into a thin line and he shakes his head. I open the door stepping out immediately being drowned with from the pouring rain. I close the door speed walking to my front door. I tug on the door knob running inside.

I trudge up the stairs eager to take a shower and jump into my cozy bed. I drop my things into my room running to my drawers to retrieve some pajamas and underwear.

I hop into the steamy shower washing up and stepping out into a warm cotton towel. I slip into a Pink Floyd tee shirt and green fuzzy pajama shorts. I walk into my room shivering at how cold it is, I glance over at my window, how do you always open?

I run over to it to close it but I stop at the sight of what is next door, I eyes gaze over the shirtless guy next door grabbing something out of a drawer. His back muscles are tan and defined, maybe my dreams have come true, a hot college guy.

Wow I'm officially a stalker, I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts reaching to the top of the window frame to shut it.

"Care bear?"

I feel my whole body tense at the deep voice coming from the the other window, I gaze immediately meets a pair of beautiful curious brown eyes staring into mine.

"You're the new neighbor?" I'm suddenly out of breath, I must be dreaming.

Then it hits me. All of it. Everything. The car, his reaction, the house going up for sale. Axel Wesley is my new neighbor.

-*-*-

"You are so over dramatic, really? Closing your window?" Amber teases as I close my window throwing my curtain over it.

"You never know, I don't want to see myself on the internet one day of a horrible dance video of me he took because my window was open" I explain plopping down on my bed, "I'm failing to see how having Axel Wesley as a neighbor is a bad thing, but anyways, we need to pick you out an outfit" she mutters the last part running into my closet.

"Why can't I wear casual clothes? It's a party" I whine, "because casual clothes for you is sweatpants and a t-shirt, now shut up and let me work some magic" she snaps as she goes deeper into my closet.

"Hah, good luck, you won't find any-" my eyes widen at the cute olive green off the shoulder top she pulls out of my closet.

"How the hell did that get there?" I ask in disbelief, she has a triumphant smirk on her face as she throws the top at me. I've never seen this top before, but I decide not to look to into it as I throw it on pairing it up with the black ripped high waisted jeans she also threw at me.

After a few burns and multiple stabs to the eye, my hair was subtly curled and Amber had applied some mascara.

"Thank you Amber" I sheepishly smile at how much effort she put into my appearance as she puts on some maroon matte lipstick, "it's no problem love"

-*-*-

The sound of main stream music rips through the cold night air as we approach the house lit up. Many teens are staggered across the front yard making out, hanging out, and smoking. The typical scene of any disastrous high school party.

"Ready for your first party?" She curiously asks holding the door for me as we enter the house. The aroma of body odor, the devil's cabbage, alcohol, with a hint of febreez fill the air along with around a hundred bumping and grinding teens in the main room.

"Amber glad you could make it" a deep voice calls, I turn to see Nolan approaching us with two red solo cups in his hands. His sandy dirty blonde hair is styled and he's wearing a white and black Thrasher shirt with khakis and vans. I've known Nolan for years, he's a third base men, also one of the biggest heart throbs in our school.

His attention soon turns to me and he does a quick double take looking me up and down, "wow Garcia almost didn't recognize you, don't you look girly" he teases handing me and Amber a cup of whatever unknown liquid is in the cup.

I roll my eyes taking the cup to be polite even though I have no real intentions drinking whatever is in it. I've seen way too many tv shows and read way too many books to take a drink from somebody you don't trust.

"Thanks Johnson" I flash a fake smile earning a few chuckles from him, "Well I've got some hot twins waiting for me so I'll see you ladies around"

I look around the party scene, a few teens are in a group smoking by the lounge area while a few people are doing body shots on the kitchen table. I suddenly feel eyes on me, I glance over to see Axel, we make eye contact for a few seconds soon breaking it before the girl next to him grabs him by the collar of his shirt kissing him passionately. I cringe at this, hope she didn't stretch the shirt.

"Carolina?" I immediately spin on my heels nearly fainting by the presence of who's in front of me. Stephen Himm.

—————

Qotd : "Some people smoke, others drink, and others fall in love. Each one dies from a different way."