Chapter 2

Once I made it all the way to the ground, I thought i'd go over to George's. At least I KNOW he won't go all queer on me. It takes me a little while to get from John's to George's, but it gives me time to think. About John. About my dad. About the band I'm in... with John. Why was he in my thoughts all of a sudden? Probably because he was a fag. I stopped dead in my tracks after even thinking that. It was wrong to call anyone that, especially my so-called best friend. I felt bad for just calling him queer, but he has to be after pulling that stunt!

I reached George's long driveway and knocked on the door. His mother answered, but stepped aside and pointed me to George's room. I flashed her a smile and a wink, then proceeded to walk inside. "Geo Boy, we need to talk" I told him after making sure the door to his bedroom was locked. I explained my dad yelling at me and him hitting me, how I went to John's afterwards, and most importantly, him holding me. "Wait, your dad hit you?" he asked, not fazed by the rest of the information. I nodded. You could tell by the look on his face that he was nothing short of furious. "That old bastard! I'll make him wish he was never born!" he yelled, unlocking his window and fixing to jump out. I motioned for him to keep it down. "The reason I came here was because John pulled that stunt!" George scoffed. "Paul, John's always had a thing for his little princess." I felt embarrassed. We'd always joked around about that sort of thing because no one liked blokes, or so we thought. "Wait, maybe that was it! Maybe it was just a joke! George, listen, I'm sorry but i've gotta get out of here. See ya!" I yelled to him, running out his front door. I didn't even bother to shut it. George waved me goodbye, but not without flipping me off shortly after. "Fuck you, Harrison!" I chuckled, just before turning right and running to John's place. I needed to know it was a joke. Then everything would be fine and we'd be friends again. I really hope it was just a joke.