Chapter 6

John's POV

My clock kept ticking, seeming to make me more and more anxious by the second. Who knows how Paul was going to react to all of this? I'm probably just gonna look like a prick, even more so than usual! I let out a grown and make my way down to the kitchen.

I came to the sink and turned on the water. Not doing anything, I stared at the water slowly trickle down the drain. I knew something was wrong with me because I can never just stay in the same place at once. Classic Lennon, always up to something. Now that Paul was coming back, though, maybe I could settle down some. I don't think I've ever felt true love until I met that doe-eyed bastard. I sigh. Just thinking about him made my heart flutter. I continue to think about Paul for a few minutes, forgetting about the sink. Whoops!

Paul's POV

I look at my watch, only to realize it's almost time for band practice. I calmly get my bass and walk out the door. Just as I prepare to cross the street, Stuart comes up to me. Before I can greet him, I get a fist to my jaw. I stumble backwards, nearly falling on the ground. "Wha- what the fuck, Stu?" I question him, hands shaking with rage and shock. He makes eye contact and spits on me. "That's what happens to fags like you, Paul. Don't act like it's a secret what you've been doing with John. Everyone knows. And it's fucking disgusting!" he says, before jogging away into an alley. I sit on the ground and start to cry. What was he talking about?