Chapter 1

Clarie POV

For my entire life I've been waiting for someone to take me away from this lonely cabin, to be around a family, to have friends to correspond with and to find who captured my mom.

I was in my cabin when i decided to take a walk in the near by forest. I decided not to use a portal to carry me faster instead I walk. It was a half a hour walk when I arrived at the forest. I started walking though to forest listening to the birds singing sweet melodies. It was a beautiful view of the forest. I pop out my phone to take a picture of the nature and beauty of the forest. It was a breathtaking sight.

After a few hours of exploring the forest I heard a twig snap. I never paid any attention to it because I thought of it as a wild animal passing until I heard soft whispering. My heart started racing faster and pouncing harder. What if there witch hunters? What if there dark witches who come to take me? So many thoughts ran through my mind, my head began to ache. I turned to the opposite direction of the voices and started walking faster. I wasn't paying attention to were I was going until I tripped over a broken tree log and groan in pain.
"Who is that?" I heard a woman yell in a harsh voice as they walk towards where I fell.

I quickly get up to meet three women looking directly at me. They were all dressed in black. The middle one is the tallest and has dark long hair and deep blue eyes. The one on the left has a blonde short hair and brown colour eyes and the other has blonde long hair and same colour eyes as me with anger in her eyes.

"I-I-I w-was just wa-walking th-through the forest," I stuttered. I never stuttered before so why now?

"You are a witch, a light witch," the woman in the middle said looking surprised. How did she know that I was a witch? Who are these people?

"How d-did you know?" I asked, "Are you witches also?"

"Yes we are, we felt your powers and it felt very strong and powerful," she replied looking me from head to toe.

"Why are you here, shouldn't you be at the palace with the other witches," the short blonde hair woman said. "And you shouldn't be out here alone, its not safe for people like us."

"I do not live with the coven, I lived alone ever since my mom was captured." I said softly looking down at my feet.

"Wait, your Celine Wynter's daughter?" The woman in the middle asked looking at me with joy in her eyes. I was confused about how she knew my mom and I don't know her and also happy because she could give me answers to where my mom was. What shocked me was that she knew my name as well. "And your name is Claire Wynter."

"Yes and how did you know about us." I asked confused as ever.

"Oh sorry, let me introduce ourselves, I am Mia, this is Celine," she turned to the one on her left, "and this is Alicia," she pointed to the other.

"And I guess-" I was cut ofc by Celine.

"We would like you to join us at the palace since you are one of the High Priest's daughter," Celine said stepping forward to me and hold my hand. Mt mind was telling me to trust them but my heart says another thing.

"Thank you for your offer but am fine on my own," I said letting my hand loose out of her hand. "I must get going now," I added.

"Just please come with us, you will be even better, trust me," Mia said resting her hand on my shoulder. I decided to go since I need friends, they already know who I am and maybe they could tell me who captured my mom.

"Ok then, I will come," I replied. They even looked relief and I said that.

"Ok then, let's go." Alicia said pointing in the direction they were coming from.