Crystal Snow Flower

I dedicate this story to Kim Jonghyun, may he rest in peace. I was too upset to even have his death mentioned in this story because I had written it days before he died, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. But to all the Shinee fans here I know you and I both will remember how much we love and feel his loss. I pray for his family, loved ones, and Onew, Minho, Key, and Taemin

     Jimin was both scared and excited. He felt like the universe was before his eyes and all he had to do was reach out and grasp for it. At the same time, it felt like walking on thin ice and Jimin desperately wanted to make this work. This was the first Christmas Taemin and him would spend together and he wanted everything to be perfect. After that day in the studio when they had finally expressed their feelings for one another, Taemin had invited Jimin to stay with him and he had declined.

     At first Jimin kept putting it off because of his embarrassment and used the excuse that he'd have to leave soon to join his members in America to perform at the AMA. But when he'd come back to Korea he'd run out of excuses to stay away. Taemin's excitement for their first winter together was contagious. Jimin had only been in his house three days and he hadn't allowed anything to happen yet. They both often came back from practice late and all he could do was throw himself into his own bed and fall asleep no matter how badly he wanted to join Taemin in his.

     But Jimin felt today would be different. He'd seen Taemin arrive home yesterday in a black suit that complemented his hair that he'd again dyed black do to popular request. He looked so handsome it made Jimin a bit self-conscious though he knew he was being silly. He'd wanted to hug him right then, but he knew that if he had it wouldn't have just ended there and Taemin looked so tired. Jimin had said goodnight early and he hadn't seen him since then.

     Jimin watched Taemin's performance on SBS live for his new song Day and Night. Everything about the performance was beautiful and breathtaking, from the snapping, to the way Taemin's long legs moved, to the serene forest branches covered in snow, and the broken white statue on stage that reminded him of the statue in Blood Sweat and Tears.

     Jimin looked over to his desk at the present he'd wrapped earlier that day with silver and gold snow covered flowers on the paper. He'd bought Taemin a sweater he knew he'd like. Jimin looked down at his own light blue sweater and smiled. He felt too energized he wanted to do more than just wait here. Last night he'd gone out and stalked the fridge with banana milk because he knew it was Taemin's favorite. Jimin decided that now he would cook Taemin a meal to surprise him whenever he got home, a true Christmas feast.

     Jimin opened his door only to be ambushed by Adam and Eve, Taemin's two little dogs. He'd named the coffee colored one Eve because Taemin had gotten her on Christmas Eve. Jimin pet them.

     "I'll give you a treat if you help me cook."

     He passed Taemin's room and walked down the hall. Taemin had put up a small Christmas tree in the living room just before Jimin had arrived complete with white lights and a small golden star. It made Jimin smile every time he passed it. He loved one ornament in particular that Minho had given Taemin last Christmas. It was a picture of all Shinee members encased in a miniature ornament frame with a snowman on the right side. It was an old picture and Taemin was smiling widely, his long red-brown hair falling past his shoulders.

     Jimin opened the fridge and took out the ingredients he'd need to make Kimchi jjigae. A strip of skinless pork belly, tofu, shiitake mushrooms, kimchi, brown onion, and scallions. Jimin hummed Taemin's new song softly while placing the ingredients on the counter and grabbed a cutting board. He began to unwrap the pork when suddenly two hands encircled his waist. Taemin tied a red apron around him slowly. Jimin didn't turn around but he felt Taemin's chin resting on his shoulder as he did so. He was pressed so close to his back that Jimin could feel every inch of him behind him. It made Jimin clench the pork package a bit harder and his arms tense.