1

<hannah's pov>

i was sitting in my room, in my fuzzy grey sweater with my underwear on, when i saw movement outside of my window. i put on my high socks, seeing as the floor was freezing cold, and made my way over, seeing what was going on. it was a family, of maybe three or four, i couldn't quite tell, moving into the house next door. i was happy that somebody was finally moving into that house, it had been vacant for so long and it was starting to creep me out. i saw a woman, who looked about fifty or so, and a man, probably the same age, unloading some boxes from the trunk. i saw a young girl, probably in middle school or so, listening to music with her headphones, helping move in boxes from the front seat of the car. my attention was then drawn to a boy, probably around my age, wearing all black, looking visibly annoyed and irritated. he was leaning against the car, paying no attention to his family struggling around him, as he opened a package of cigarettes. he pulled one out, putting it between his lips and lit it, blowing out the smoke, looking stressed out but also at ease. i wondered who this family was, and where they came from? it didn't matter or concern me, but i was curious as to why they decided to move in here. maybe they would end up going to the high school that i go to, it would be nice to have a few more friends there. i decided that i would bake something and bring it over in a few hours, running downstairs to the kitchen. i pulled out a pan and a baking sheet, deciding that i would make cookies for the family and bring them over as a 'welcome to the neighborhood' type gift. i set the dough out on the tray and put it in the oven, setting it for 20 minutes, and sitting down on the couch. i played on my phone, and texted some of my friends and tried to make plans with some of them for the next week. the oven went off, signaling that the cookies were done baking. i took them out of the oven, waiting for them to dry, before putting them into a cute box, putting a bow on the top. i went upstairs, changing into a black dress, and threw on some sandals before walking out the door. i walked towards the house, seeing that they had finshed bringing things into the house. i knocked on the door, waiting for somebody to open it, when the boy around my age opened the door. he didn't look happy, instead he frowned down at me as i looked up at him. he was really tall, and he hovered over me, intimidating me with his deep, dark gaze and tattoos. "are you just going to stand there or?" he asked rudely, throwing me off guard as i forgot for a moment why i was there. i shook my head, "i'm sorry, yeah, uh, i just decided to bring some cookies that i just baked over to welcome you to the neighborhood!" i said enthusiastically. he rolled his eyes at me, making me feel stupid. i probably looked so dumb, coming over here with fucking cookies, trying to make friends with the people next door. "uh okay, thanks?" he said dully, with zero emotion in his voice as he took the box from my hands, scanning over it. he looked me up and down a few times, as if he was trying to figure me out. i couldn't handle the silence any longer, "what's your name?" i asked him, making his eyebrows furrow up in confusion. "i'm harry. who are you?" he asked me, looking me up and down once again as i bit my lip with nervousness. "i'm hannah, it's nice to meet you harry!" i said, trying to sound excited. "you too," he huffed, walking past me onto the porch, taking a cigarette out and lighting it. "are you going to just stand there? or will you ever go back to your house?" he asked me, annoyed. "fuck, i'm sorry to bother you so greatly, bye," i said, equally as annoyed by his horrible attitude, as i walked down the stairs of the porch, and back to my house. i closed the door, taking off my shoes and walking back up to my room. i looked out the window, seeing harry outside still, smoking on the porch. i didn't understand what he was doing, or why he was being so rude to me, but i vowed in that moment to do everything in my power to figure him out.