Chapter 7: V I C T O R I A

"You're wearing that?"

I glared at Marty the entire time I looked at myself through the full-length mirror. There was certainly nothing wrong with the simple turtleneck dress I wore. It was modest with long sleeves and reaching just an inch above my thighs.

I sometimes wonder why I allow him in my new apartment here in Tokyo. My eyes once again lingering at the small studio-type apartment I have rented in my official permanent stay in Japan. My father realizing that with me constantly on the road and on the run, it would be hard for the Spencer family to live with me being a part of them, most especially if I have guest around as well.

"What's wrong with a bloody dress?" I questioned turning back towards Marty that had occupied my bed in the duration of my dressing crisis.

"It's bloody cold outside, that's what." He scoffed turning his gaze towards the window and the light drizzle of rain proves his point. "Wear something warm. A coat or sweater, maybe." He suggested pointing at the awful Bullet Club sweater he gave me last Christmas.

"Good, I hate your style." I muttered rummaging through my entire closet for something to keep warm as he points out. God, doesn't he knew London weather is far worse than this?

My eyes landing on the familiar pea coat Kate gave me. Immediately wrapping myself in the warm of the coat, I proceeded to slip on my black over the knee boots to complete the whole look. I ignored Marty's protest of me putting on the god damn sweater.

"Marty, you are not helping." I said throwing a pillow at him. "And shouldn't you be with the Bucks?" I questioned, thankful he was back in good terms with the Bucks after the little incident.

"They're coming along with Kenny." He pointed out and I gave him the look. "We are all gonna go our own way. We're not gonna follow you or anything, woman!"

I looked at him, hoping he was telling the truth. I was already nervous as it was to have a date with Kenny. God, I tried to remember what happened last night. I didn't really know what prompted him to ask me something like that. Why would he want to go out with someone like me? He could have any woman he wants, but he chose me? Bullock, this was confusing.

"Martin Scurll." I used his real name just to prove how serious I was.

"We. Are. Not. Gonna. Follow. You." he said accentuating every word but the way his eyes crinkled made me believe otherwise. He was planning something and I didn't know exactly what it was.

"Promise?" I asked.

He looked away for a moment proving my point.

"Marty!"

"Alright. Alright, we're not gonna follow two around." He sighed.

Before I could even begin to force him to make a promise, someone knocked on my door. I turned towards the door, but my best friend had beaten me to it. Practically skipping out of my bedroom and out to the door to see who it was.

"Well look who it is."

I rolled my eyes making my way back towards the bathroom to check my make-up. I didn't know if it was a good idea to leave my face practically bare besides the light blush and pink lipstick I had on. I took a deep breath knowing there was nothing else I could do about it.

I walked back out of the bathroom with my purse at hand before joining the men out. My eyes immediately glued towards Kenny Omega, in a white dress shirt and black jeans. I smirked seeing him wearing a good leather shoes for the occasion and then I looked up to see him staring at me. The same manner I was doing to him.