Chapter 13: V I C T O R I A

It was past midnight, but my phone has not stopped ringing and I was tempted to just close my phone, but I was waiting for Nana to call me back. I was waiting for anyone in my family to just call me and assure me that my choices were right.

A series of texts from Kenny, Marty, the Bucks, and even Kazuchika Okada had sent me a text regarding where I was. Then there was calls that ranged from Kenny, to Marty, and almost every single member of the Bullet Club and some of the CHAOS. I didn't respond to any of them. I was just too overwhelmed with what I was feeling to talk to anyone.

I tried closing my eyes but immediately jolted at the sound of furious knocking on my door. I turned back to my clock to see it was already 12:30am. What senile person would knock on the door at midnight?

I slipped on oversized shirt before dashing towards the persistent knocking on the door. Opening the door, I stumbled upon the sight of an overly panting Kenny Omega with a bruises cheek.

"What the hell happened to you?" I questioned pulling him inside my apartment before someone sees either of us.

He didn't respond, instead pulling me into a kiss that just took the breath out of me.

"I was so worried about you, Princess."

He pulled away and I looked up at him. His eyes dull and red, and for some reason it was as if he was crying. I cupped his cheeks and he leaned into my hands. The prickling sensation of his beard against the palm of my hands was so assuring. It gave me a sense of him, still being himself.

"What happened?"

"Why did you run away?"

I kept silent. It's not my place. Should I tell him that I was jealous of the girl he dated before me? Just thinking about my reasoning made it clearer that it was stupid. I was wrong in every sense of the word. I've realized it the moment I saw him go all the way here just for me.

"I wasn't feeling good." I muttered trying to pull away from him, but his hold on me was too strong for me.

"The only time I've seen you act like this was when I kissed you for the first time and when the Bucks began prying in your business. Now I want to know which Kota did so I can justify the fist fight I had with him."

"You had a fight with Kota?"

He didn't respond and I had to slap him in the back of the head. He was making things worse than it really is. I continued it by punching him on the chest, he was stupid. He was just so stupid to ruin his career for someone like me. Damn him, damn him for being like this to me. For making me feel things, I knew I shouldn't.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!"

"Someone pissed my girlfriend off and you don't expect me to just let it go."

I just stared at him disbelief he was capable of saying so stupid, all for me.

"It doesn't matter what he said. What would NJPW think of this? What would they think of you, what would they think of me? I haven't even signed with them until my non-compete clause is over but here you are causing trouble for the both of us."

He wrapped his arms around me but I pushed away from him. He was so stupid to sacrifice his own career for someone like me. This was exactly what Nana was talking about, I was happy with how everything was, but why was he making things more complicated.

"You need to understand that I don't give a damn about my career right now. If they pull me out now, they're missing a great opportunity but I can still go elsewhere. What I can't accept is someone pissing you off. What's even worse is you are pissed at me for beating someone off for pissing you off."