The Reveal (2)

"Ate Maine, babay na... Be brave and I promise to guard you always... I will return to you when the right time comes...!" Baste said to her as she tries to grab his hand... Apparently, she was not able to reach and the last thing she saw was his brilliant smile...
"Thank you, Ate Maine... See you when I see you!" Baste's last word, she heard, clearly...

"Maine, Maine!!" Paolo said, habang ginigising ang dalaga.
"Huh? Where's Baste? What happened?" Maine opened her eyes and asked Paolo right away.  She looked around and found herself dozed off on the single loveseat inside Baste's room.
Before Paolo could utter a word, they heard the doctor...

"Time of death 6:09 am... I am sorry!" The doctor uttered and immediately left the room.  She then got up and ran towards Baste's body and cried.

"Ate, loves you, baby! Remember that..!" Maine wailed but she already accepted everything.  She was surprised when she felt two strong arms hugged her. 

"Shh... Everything is gonna be alright...! Richard said.  Maine, on the other hand, felt comfortable being enclosed to an embrace.  She continues to weep to appease the pain she felt right now. 

"Maine, say your final goodbye now to Baste...!" Mother Superior said before giving Maine another chance for her final goodbye, before Baste's body wheeled out of the room.

Maine, then again, touched Baste's face gently as she told her final goodbye. 

"Baby, please make sure you fulfill your promise to me. I will be waiting for your return, as you promised, baby! See you when I see you... I love you, baby! Rest for awhile...!" Maine said, kissing Baste on his cheeks... It took her another minute before she took off and ran outside the room. 

"Bes!!" Paolo shouted back, wanted to follow her but was surprised seeing Richard ran after her.

Maine, ran as fast as she could, it only took her a minute to reach her motorbike, insert her key and fired her motorbike.  Richard, on the other hand, only heard the raging motor and in split second he saw the back of Maine with her hair being played by the air...

"What the -- ?" Upon seeing her, took off his car and tried to follow but was lost in a matter of minutes, because the lady was so fast.  He is still cursing when his phone rang...

"Hello!" Richard said angrily because of frustration.

"RJ, where's Maine? Were you able to see her?" Paolo asked.

"She is riding that damn motorbike and I lost her! Damn that nerd!" Richard said in frustration.

"RJ, let her.  Let her took off that pain... She will be okay! Go home! I will take care of her!" Paolo assured RJ before saying goodbye.

Richard, on the other hand, was not satisfied of what Paolo said.  He is wondering where the nerd is.  Upon contemplating, he decided to go back to the hospital.  Hindi niya maintindihan ang sarili niya, pakiramdam niya may responsibilidad siya sa batang iyon.  Parang pakiramdam niya after niya makausap ang bata, parang may nabago...

Flashback

After Maine slept, he was surprised when he saw that Baste is looking at him.  Looking at him as if assessing him.  Before he could look away, Baste  called him by his hands.  He came forward to Baste's bed.

RJ : Bakit? May masakit ba sa iyo? Tawag ako ng doktor?

Baste : Okay lang ako, Kuya... Pwede po bang magtanong?

RJ : Okay lang, ano ba yun?