The Deal

Richard saw that Maine was already "warmed-up".  Namumula na ang mukha ng dalaga at puno na ng pawus ang mukha.  According to the guide, the team's warm up as he heard earlier will be running 15 rounds in the oval. 

"Nakailang ikot na kaya sila? Pawisan lang pero same tempo pa rin ang takbo nila!" Richard asked inwardly.  He was already dressed for the training! A military khaki, boots and black shirt. 

"Lt. Faulkerson reporting for duty, Captain!" Richard immediately position himself sa harap ni Maine for an obligatory salute!
The team stopped and wondered why is he here.  The captain told them last night that the reinstatement of Faulkerson was held for whatever reason and he is not yet part of the team! Maine, on the other hand, although puzzled was obliged to return the respect. 
"Carry on, Lieutenant! So what made you come here? Any message from the headquarters?" Captain Maine asked right away! Baka naabala ito dahil may importanteng  event ito mamaya ng gabi.  Malamang kasama ito sa pagsubok for his reinstatement!
"These papers should be signed today and should be carried out right away, Captain!" Richard said and handed her the papers!
Maine frowned and open the envelope right away, and almost faint when she read it! How dare them bypassed my recommendation letter! They should have it before they decide on this and yet they weren't even able to secure those papers yet tapos nag desisyon na sila!
Richard saw emotions playing on her face and was not even surprised when he saw that she is angry! But damn, I will face her wrath kung ito ang way para makabawi ako sa mga pang-iinsulto ko sa kanya! Isa pa, I want everyone to know how beautiful and great Maine Mendoza is.  Hindi ang fiancée niya ang iisnabin sa mismong building nila! How dare those gossipers! E ni wala sila sa kalingkingan ng Maine ko!

"Captain, what does it says?" Lt. Santos interrupted their reverie.
"Okay team! Let's welcome your new colleague! He was reinstated just today and his first mission is with us!" Captain Maine kahit na naglalatang ang inis sa puso niya!
"Guys, I need to do something important, if you will excuse me, since you have completed the 15 rounds, rest,  we will resume at nine hundred hours.  Rest for you guys, and you Lt. Faulkerson, do your rounds, 15 on the oval now! As for you gentlemen, we will have a very complicated and tiring obstacle later! See you in nine hundred hours!" Captain Maine said.

Richard, started his 15 rounds in oval as soon as he saw Maine strode towards the tent.  He knows that she will find out who pull the strings and he will wait until she calmed down.  As for now, he needs to do what he needs to do.  Good thing, kahit na hindi intense ang training niya noon, he do gym, lalo at umiinom siya dati kaya maganda ang stamina niya!

Maine, on the other hand, called the general!

General : Good Morning, did you already have the copy?

Maine : Morning, General! Yah, what happened? How?

General : As always, bad morning huh? It was deliberated last night and they pointed that you need tactical strategist dahil wala na si Peralta.  Isa pa, he knows already what you guys are up to, kaya less explanation! As per agreement, you only have six months, and your team are running on your third.  And since he had been on the recent team's mission medyo alam na niya ang galaw ninyo!

Maine : But why not wait for my recommendation? Why bypassed me?

General : Upon hearing their arguments, naisip ko na maganda yung plano, apparently, you are holding on to the recommendation and I don't know why, and time is a-wasting.  We need to solve that RED DRAGON before our time is up or heads will roll.  Not you but you know the drill.  I have a lot of confidence in you but after what happened, you need people na may alam na para wala ng masyadong eksplanasyon!

Maine thought of the pros and the general got a point there.  She was about to submit the recommendation on Monday dahil nga sa "pustahan" nila.  And he should also need to train hard para makasabay sa grupo! Now is the right time, kasi intense yung training ngayon! Pero may lakad ito mamaya! He should be there no matter what!

Maine : OK, General! I got your point but please this is the last time you will need to seek me when matters concerns me before finalizing on everything! 

General : You know me, Captain! I will, but in this one I need to have resolution or heads will roll
  Isa pa, Lt. Faulkerson is a good strategist.  He could help the team!

Maine : Copy, Sir!

General : Got it.  Burn the transcription...

Maine then drop the call and think of how she will Faulkerson part of the team.  Alam niya na naka-blend in na ito sa mga kasama pero she wanted him to play the low key part kasi kilalang tao ito.  Pero hindi pwede na deep penetrating agent, mas delikado yun! Baka kung ano pang mangyari dito!

"At kelan ka pa naging concern sa mga men in black mo?? They
were all doing undercover!" Her mind told her.

"Hindi siya sanay sa labanan kaya I need to look for another role to play in the team!" She said in arguments with her inner self...

Maine was aghast as she realized she is having an inner argument within herself!

"What is happening? Anong nangyayari??? Maine, are we liking him? But why? Paano nangyari??? Paano???" Maine said inwardly...

A/N :  Sorry for the late update... Sabaw kaya lang these details is relevant to the story... Thanks for waiting...

Up next is the "intense" training! Hehehe... Maglalaro si author dito... Hahahaha...