Chapter 16: Back to School

It was quite late in the evening. Hye Jin was lying on her bed but her head craned on the daisies which were at the desk. She had transferred them in a vase.

Hye Jin couldn't help but to smile, thinking that it was the first time she received a bouquet of flowers.

But this time it was not roses, instead it was daisies.

Suddenly, she had that bizarre feeling again, just merely remembering Doyoung's face and his lovely singing voice.

Hye Jin placed her hands on her chest, feeling her heart banging on her chest.

Suddenly, her phone was ringing. She reached for it at the side table and answered. "Hello?". Hye Jin asked.

"Hye Jin-ah, it's me Johnny. How are you feeling?". He replied.

"I'm a whole lot better now. Thanks for asking. By the way, I thought you said you would visit me today". Hye Jin said as she frowned.

Johnny noticed the sad tone in Hye Jin's voice. He smiled. "Yes, I did".

"Huh? No, you didn't!". She blurted back.

"Why don't you take a peek outside your window?". He then suggested.

Hye Jin instantly rose from bed as she looked outside the window.

Indeed Johnny was there, standing outside of her house as he waved his hands.

She then rushed outside of her room wearing pajamas and bunny slippers.

Hye Jin tiptoed down the stairs as her parents and Ye Jin were in deep sleep.

Her father would surely get mad for staying outside late in the evening.

Hye Jin gently opened the gate. It was cold. She forgot to bring her sweater because she was in a hurry.

As Johnny approached Hye Jin, he took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders.

"Why do you need to come down? It's cold outside. I'm not gonna stay long, by the way". Johnny said.

Hye Jin didn't actually thought of that, she just felt excited seeing him and just rushed outside. He was waiting for her answer.

"Ahh.... Maybe you miss me?". Johnny teased as he gave her a crooked smiled.

"Of course not!". Hye Jin defended as she was about to go back inside, but Johnny grabbed her hand.

"Hey! I was just teasing you. Sorry, okay?". He apologized but the crooked smile on his face was still there.

"Just don't tease me like that again!". Hye Jin hollered. Johnny threw his hands up. "Fine! Sorry". He replied.

Then he placed his hand on her forehead, checking her temperature.

"Good thing you're okay now". Johnny said.

"Yeah! Thanks a lot, Johnny!". Hye Jin replied.

He just smiled as both of them leaned their backs against the back of his car.

Hye Jin was rubbing both of her hands, it was really cold.

Johnny saw what she was doing, he held both of her hands and tucked it at the pouch of his sweater.

"Better?". He asked. Hye Jin suddenly blushed with his sweet gesture. She just nodded.

There was a moment of silence for a while. It was only the sound of their breathing that could be heard.

With their distance so close to each other, Johnny knew his heart would burst any moment.

Johnny then took out Hye Jin's hands but he was still holding it and he was examining it while smiling. "Your hands are small". He said.