The Seventh Patient

Scratches by Mishimishiya

The diagnosis is only based on my perspective. Forgive me for I might be blatant with my words. Whatever the result of your critique may be, use this as a stepping stone in your writing experience.

Title
Changing it into something less plain would capture more readers. I also don't see a connection between the plot and title.

Cover

Subtitle's a blur, but the coloring of the edit correlates with the font of title

Subtitle's a blur, but the coloring of the edit correlates with the font of title. They were edited in a satisfying manner.

Genre
No problem here.

Blurb/Summary

Did you make that poem? It was good except for a few grammatical slips on it

And the moonlight brights the town
You have to put an s after an action verb if the noun referring to it is singular.

Can wounds be healed?
Adding the word will after wounds would make the interrogative sentence a declarative one.

You fed me with questions, but I didn't feel any uprising suspense in your blurb. I suggest using an analogy about scratches to cancel out the cliché ambience of the whole thing.

Plot
An modernized version of Beauty and the Beast.

Content
Prologue is surprisingly interesting!

Transitions of scenes to scenes are not jumpy. Capitalization of the first word in a transitional paragraph is a good writing style.

Scenes are fast too. I would suggest to slow the speed a bit, but not a big turn-off. It actually made me want to read your book more.

Characterization
Miracle and Drake displayed a possible romantic relationship in this story, obviously.
It was quite questionable that Miracle was that naive to trust Drake in an instant. When in turn, Drake is just a stranger he knew through eye contact. That's the problem with speedy-phased stories. Masyadong pilit ang emotions na parang minadali lang.
Drake is your typical cold yet sweet guy.

Dialogue

Smooth and realistic flow of dialogues

Smooth and realistic flow of dialogues. Except for the part wherein Drake explained what exactly happened to him. You could've just used a flashback for that long explanation; I'll feel the story more.

Point of view
First person is the easiest POV and you handled it well.

Show versus tell
You wrote scenes without spoon feeding me with a surmount of details. Enough for me to imagine them.

Technicalities
The usage of the words ng and nang. At one point in a Filipino writer's experience, we all had a confusion between ng and nang. Ng is used to refer to a noun while nang is used to refer to and adverb or verb.

Naginbita NG bisita si...
NANG bumisita siya sa bahay namin...

Verb tenses tend to shift. The usual and recommended tense used in writing novels is in past tense. Well, past and present have their own pros and cons, but you're free to use whatever type of tense you want as long as you stick with only one type.

Redundancy of thoughts and words are also present but minimal.

Overall
I don't normally do this and I'm surprise with this as well but giving you a one. Your book is healthy enough to be read. Although thinking of a plot twist is not your forte, you nailed it with your execution. Bawing-bawi! Oh, and please don't stick with the title and blurb if you want your story to have a brighter future.

Hey there, Mishimishiya! I honestly enjoyed reading your book to the point that I felt like I wasn't critiquing it anymore. Very sorry if this critique took a long time before posting it. Ask me anything regarding this. Let's both have a great night while counting down for Christmas!

PS: Alam niyo na siguro timpla ko. Usually kapag mahaba critique ko, ibig sabihin dami tinatama, pero 'pag hindi, expect na mataas bigay ko sa inyo.