18. Confront

Victor was sweating, he was trying to hide it but he was a ball of nerves

As soon as the plane landed, an interpreter was already waiting for him. If in his hometown was difficult to communicate with hearing people, he didn't want to know how difficult could it be when in a different country altogether. He was sure he would end up getting a massive headache, so he rather spares himself some uncomfortable moments and use his money to make it all easier which, of course, was the main reason to own so much. The woman was very professional looking, she had a badge with her name: Minako. Thought Victor couldn't dare to try and pronounce it, he had lost his skill to speak clearly a few years ago, so he wasn't about to try and speak a different language, not when he couldn't even speak his own anymore.

The woman smiled at him, trying to get his attention on her hands. "Welcome, Mister Nikiforov."

"Thank you, Miss."

They did their presentations to each other, then Victor went straight to the point and told her where he needed to go. The woman seemed suddenly very happy about his destination, so against his better judgment he asked her about it. The Russian thought that if they were going to spend the next few days together, he hoped it would actually be days in the plural form, they rather get to know each other a bit.

"Oh, well. You see, I'm actually a family friend. I've known the Katsukis for a long time now. We grew up together."

Victor was already naturally pale but when he saw the woman's answer, the small redness on his cheeks from the cold vanished. He was frozen in place, surely looking like he had just seen a ghost, gulping audibly he laughed awkwardly. "What are the chances of that."

Minako nodded, "I know! But enough chit-chat, let's head towards the onzen so you can get all set up."

Mary was washing some dishes in the kitchen when her phone vibrated in her pocket, quickly he dried her hands with her apron and reached for the device

Mary was washing some dishes in the kitchen when her phone vibrated in her pocket, quickly he dried her hands with her apron and reached for the device. It was her old friend Minako, so without a doubt, she tapped on her phone's screen to read it. Her frown furrowed and she was quick to leave what she was doing, her mom called after her but she just told her that there was something she needed to do and that as soon as she was done with said thing, she would come back and keep helping in the kitchen. Luckily they weren't in high season and Hiroko, her mother, could do without her for a while.