Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

The TV was playing as Vi and I sat in recliners, waiting on food. Tomorrow morning we have school, and tomorrow she has to go home after school. She's basically been staying with me the entire summer because she's missed me so much, her parents thought it was a great idea. I wasn't going to argue with them about my best friend staying with me.

"When did we order?" She said snacking on some gummy bears. Checking my watch, I did a little math.

"Maybe twenty minutes ago. Have they gotten worse with deliveries?" She shrugged.

"Usually they're within a half hour." Nodding to her words, we both went back to watching Criminal Minds. The doorbell went off, then there was knocking on the door.

"Speak of the Devil." She laughed as we stood up and made our way to the door. The knocking turned into banging, making me confused.

"Chill man-" I said opening the door to be met with someone who wasn't our delivery guy. I immediately went to close the door but the person shoved it open.

"Are you honestly that f****** stupid?!" Luke snapped with his hands on his hips. He was livid, what the heck.

"What?" I snapped. "I'm not allowed to punch someone who use to abuse me in the face? Do you realize how crazy you sound?" I asked calmly. Violet opened the fridge grabbing three beers. She then went back into the fridge for some reason.

"Crazy? Abuse?" He snapped breathing heavily. "It wasn't even that bad, Charlie!" He growled. My stomach felt as if it dropped.

"Not that bad?" I asked feeling myself get emotional. "Did you forget everything he did? Not just to me, but you and Vi?" I grew angry. "Did you forget it all because you don't want it ruining whatever sick relationship you both have?!" I felt my body shake. "He locked me in a freezer. He allowed his friends to beat you up. He allowed his friends to humiliate Violet in school, completely violating her!" He stood there staring at me. "He f****** branded me like some animal in a flock! His aunt slept with my father! His aunt got my father killed! His family ruined mine! His family ruined my life." I was shaking furiously. "You have the actual balls to stand there and tell me it wasn't 'that bad', Luke?!" He sighed and shook his head.

"I'm s-" He started and I cut him off.

"No! You don't get to do that. If I could have, I would have beat him into the ground. Just because of some relationship that you have with the boy who did all of that, who's family ruined my life, doesn't give you the green light to speak for him. It doesn't allow you to come in here and tell me what I went through was nothing. You may be my best friend, but your twisted boyfriend isn't. He's my enemy, along with anyone in his family." Luke sighed, looking behind me.