Chapter 4

Charlie's POV

When I dropped Vi at her house, she invited me to stay for a few minutes. Of course I listened, and waited until she said it was okay for me to leave.

"I'm glad you and Kaine have started to get through it. I believe he honestly is head over heels for Luke. He has changed, Charlie." She smiled as we made our way to her door. She and I hugged before I left.

It's been a good four hours since I dropped Vi off at her house. The first two hours I relaxed and got rid of the migraine I had. Now, the last two hours I've been on a run through the woods. The sun started to go down so I decided to start back down the mountain to my house. Matthew probably won't be home for a day or two. He usually only needs is go-bag for a trip lasting 3-5 days.

As I made my way back down, I was singing a tune gently to myself. I run up the mountain, then walk down. It gives my body a way to rest so I'm not super sore. As I neared the base, noises around me got louder. Twigs snapping, bushes rustling, panting. This is kinda freaking me out now.

Ignoring the rising panic, I continued walked down to the opening of the trail. Shaking my head, I continued. It was probably just the wind, Charlie. I started to sing again, calming myself. I went into the house through the patio door, locking it behind me. Shaking my head, I turned the lights on in the house, making my way up to my room.

I stripped from my sweaty clothes and made my way into the bathroom off of my room. We live in the woodsy area of town, neighbors are 1-3 miles away, so I never close the bathroom doors, or the blinds. I have a balcony off of my room that faces our backyard. Matthew said I could have this room because he knew I liked to star gaze at night when I can't sleep. I sure do love my brother.

As I washed, I sang gently. The warm water was nice on my sticky skin. After I finished grooming myself, I stepped out after turning the water off. Wrapping a towel around my body, I started to brush my teeth. Stepping out into my room, I picked out clothes for the night, and tomorrow. I kept humming until I was finished brushing my teeth.

After I was dressed in my PJ's, I folded my outfit for tomorrow and set it on my desk chair. I slipped on my glasses and hunted through my bag for my planner. I can't remember if I had any homework. Ah, I have AP Physics and AP Psychology. My entire course load is AP or Honors. This school doesn't give you the chance to come in late or leave early. You have to take classes.

Sighing, I moved my clothes and set my binders out to work on. I turned to my balcony and opened the doors to allow the late summer breeze into my room. I like fresh air over cold inside air. I started playing music on my stereo, it was classical music. I know, I'm a nerd.

The clock read 10:00pm, actually it was 22:03, so roughly 10 when I finished my homework. I started at 8pm with a 30 minute break in there so I could use the bathroom and change the class work I was doing. Taking a breath, I stood up from my seat and put my binders in my bag carefully. When I stood up, I glanced outside and I thought my eyes were playing tricks. Some wolf is not standing in my yard looking up here. That's not real. I padded to the balcony, this isn't happening again...