chapter 2

“I wonder what I should do…”

Belfreya Alunst stood on the school that will become her stage. As her 15-year-old self, she always remembers to maintain her golden hair, as told from the orange pack with her knowledge from her previous life. Because going to sleep late is bad for the skin it was rare for Berufreya to stay up at this time.

“……there is only a year left until my fight/contest with the heroine.”

Placing the orange pack no the desk, Belfreya stared at the ceiling. The eternal rival I had always aimed for. Did she really achieve the attractiveness to defeat her? Belfreya immediately scolded her darkened thoughts. For 6 years, she had never been lazy and had always worked seriously.

Her actions had changed from her 6 years ago. Not interacting with the servants, for the one’s that had to quit, I had them at least take the money they had worked for as an apology. Money is to save up for your future, learning that, I kept that in mind when handling money. I also even made friends I can talk with.

In her past life, the Belfreya Alunst now bears no resemblance to the past self. Without a doubt, this is the effect of her efforts to change. There was even some self-confidence. Even so, there was anxiety. Why was there anxiety, when she thought about it, his face appeared in her mind.”

“Edward-sama…”

Starting from this year, he will be admitted to this [Furan’vu~Eruge School] stage. My relationship with him too was very different from the memories of my past self. He helped me with my studies 6 years ago and even now, he is willing to stand beside me, he is willing to smile beside me.

From my memories, my relationship with him was cold. I had been one-sidedly yearning for Shulein, while he, on the other hand, reacted indifferently. Even when Belfreya was expelled from school, his heart did not waver. Without anger or sorrow, he simply said, “Goodbye.”

And with the heroine right next to him――

“Kachiri” An unexpected sound entered her ears, Belfreya pull back to her senses. Wondering what that sound is, she listened carefully, aware of the sound. It sounded as if her teeth were clattering as she trembles.

“――!”

Belfreya clenched her teeth and hugged her trembling body. The ending that she had never thought about. Little by little tears dropped from the corner of her eyes and onto her trembling hands. Unable to stop, she wiped her face over and over again.

At first, she only thought of him being able to help raise her status for 3 or 4 years. Of course, she did everything with serious effort and even thought about proceeding to the next stage but seedings of fear followed. I continued to deceive myself. I continued to leave the task–Raise Shulein Edward’s favorable scale– making myself believe that my attractiveness is not at the right level…….

I know that he is different from what he was from the game. Even so, wondering if he will he look at Belfreya who was not the Heroine, made me afraid. If he looked at me with those cold eyes, I definitely won’t be able to bear it.

Just like in the game, I fell in love with him at first sight. From our first meeting, he was cool. Different from all the other people, he seemed like he sparkled. With his light brown hair and cold jade pupils, I thought that he looked like an angel that jumped out from a painting.

Spending 6 years next to him, I fell even more for him. For him who taught me with a difficult expression, difficult studies I didn’t understand. For the him who tries harder than anyone else aiming to stay the top. For the cute smiles he sometimes showed me. For the gentle/warm hand he lent me while being surprised when I was tired to death from training. The gentle words he lent me when I came out to society [Society debut thingys], pushing my back [In other words supporting her].

Her chest/heart tightened.

“No, no…, Edward-sama is…… Shulein-sama is!”

In the school, Belfreya had never called him by his name. Rather than not calling for hi, she didn’t call him. He hated nothing else than for his name to be called by the Belfreya that he hated. That was only time when the indifferent him showed his disgust. That is why in the game, Belfreya had never called him by his name.

If he disliked when I call him by his name – , I’ll definitely crumble. The pathetic Belfreya was still somewhere in me. Am I really able to defeat the Heroine? I repeatedly thought, the Heroine must definitely stand up against fear, and I’m her rival aren’t I? Even so, I can’t take the last step.

“After, one more year……”

The unconsciously murmured words set a pain in her heart.