chapter 3

“……that’s an ugly face you have right now.”

“……fua?”

Who is it that said such a thing to this beautiful courtesan. Having been brought back due to those words, Belfreya turned to glare at the person. That person laughed amused with her reaction and lightly poked her head.

“Your eyes are all red. It will be a waste for the beautiful courtesan to drool with messy hair.”

“Edward-sama?”

“Yea, I’m the Edward-sama”

“……I’m sorry, if you are the real thing, I really want to cry/shout.”

“Then, I’ll cover my ears now so have it your way.”

“Nonono”

Now being perfectly awake, Belfreya rushed in her covers with a bright red face. Anyways, for now, I have to do something about my appearance. I rapidly tried to comb my hair and wiped my mouth. And, I started to wonder why this person is in my house, moreover my room to begin with.

Losing the timing to scream, She peeked out from her covers and looked at Shulein Edward who covered his ears while smiling. Though her heart was throbbing at the smile on his face, Belfreya resisted showing it on her face.

“What happened? You’re not gonna shout?”

“……well sorry to disappoint you, a capable young women must always have a calm and reassuring heart. The Heroine is already a person with an armored heart and I am a rival of such a person.”

“As always, the Heroine is some super person huh. If there is really such a person, then this world will be even more difficult.”

“……there is such a person.”

“N?”

The quiet murmurs that Belfreya said were not heard by Shulein. Even so, he remains curious. Today her eyes seem different than the usual her. The mysterious rival she called Heroine. To defeat her, he understood that she had been trying her best these past few years. Along with the fact that she is wavering about something with the date of her entrance to school coming closer.

“…….was the Heroine the reason you were crying?”

“N, no. This was because of my weakness. It’s just that the Heroine was such a strong existence, I was just a little, just a tiny bit discouraged. ……but now I’m composed. There is no fluctuation with my fighting spirit!”

“Is that so? Gosh….Hey, why do you want to defeat the Heroine so much? Though you called her your rival, what exactly is she the rival of?

“That is…”

He then shrugged at the Belfreya who clamped her mouth shut. At first, I was wonder what in the world you were talking about, fighting a rival. But now, seeing her who was serious for 6 years, I realized that she was protecting something. And also the fact that the thing she is protecting was something very important to her.

Something important to her――to those words his heart tightened. He laughed as he already figured out the reason for this emotion.

“Hey, you want e to help you out too? That ‘Defeat the Heroine thingy?’”

“Eh…? N, no you can’t! This is a duel between the Heroine and me! Things like beauty and blood[family line]. We will be betting everything!”

“By everything, you really mean everything?”

“Yes, everything.”

“Including me to?

Hyu-, at the Belfreya who gasped, Shulein felt a bit frustrated. Through her reaction, he got the answer that if she lost this fight, Shulein Edward will now be the Heroine’s……is what she thought. To that, he faintly smiled.

Belfreya somehow felt cold sweat on her back. In front of her was the rare smile of the person she loved…….without thinking, she felt a chill.

Who actually is the one who’s most unable to accept the scenario?

“……the reason I came here was because in school our rare meeting will be for training so I wanted to properly meet you.”

“Because of the training, you even went in a girls room without a notice for a greeting?”

“I got permission from your parents anyways is there a reason to enter your Fiancee’s room?”

Fiancee. As stated, Belfreya Alunst and Edward Shulein were engaged with one another. But this relationship to Belfreya was like a fragile illusion that is laid upon a brittle layer of ice. An unspeakable anxiety made her body stiffen up.