chapter 4

“……does Bell [nickname for Belfreya] dislike the engagement with me?”

“T, that’s not true! I had never once thought about my engagement with Edward-sama as…”

Ending there, Belfreya covered her mouth panicking. It was as if I was saying I want him to stay as my fiance. Accidently slipping her tongue, Belfreya stared at him in front of her and swallowed her breath.

“……is that so.”

He is now showing me that warm expression and my favorite smile. To myself, who was blushing, I confirmed that I really like this person. Even if I lost to the Heroine, I’ll definitely not want to lose this person. I strongly made this statement in my heart.

That is why she summoned up her courage. With just the courage to confront the Heroine. She wanted to at least try her best studied seriously.

Belfreya’s Pride, the overflowing emotion of not wanting to give up, once again summoned up courage.

“A no, Edward-sama. I have a request.”

“Aah, what is it?”

“A no, ummm, p, please……”

Raising her face, Belfreya used her strength to bring out her voice.

“Please give me the permission to call you by your name!!”

“……eh, are we still at that stage?”

“Eh, eeeeehhhhーー…. As I thought…. If I called you by your name, you will turn to absolute zero [Temperature].

“Like I’d do that. I won’t do the absolute zero [Temperature] thing you’re talking about. Just how high of a hurdle is my name?”

“Next to the Heroine!”

“That high!?”

He involuntarily cried out as he heard her answer. With an astonished expression, he then looked at her amused. “You can never get bored of her,” he murmured

“Well then, Shu, shu, shu-”

“Lein is fine. And where do you think you are driving off to.” [あと、どこに発車する気だ]

“Eh! Is that okay?”

“Well, I am even calling you Bel since long ago. If my name is that high of a hurdle for you, then I’ll pardon that.”

“Ah, u-, Yes!”

Blushing till her ears turned bright red, Belfreya tried to keep herself under control. Being too happy with the permission to call him by his name, if she lost her control, she felt like she will let out a high-pitched voice/shriek. Even so, a sense of accomplishment spread across her chest.

This is a sign that the favorable rating has raised. Meaning I have high attractive status. If I keep this up,  one day, Lein-sama will be madly in  love with me…. Now that he understood the thoughts of Belfreya, Shulein wanted to smack her head. Though thinking that, he continues to grip onto the happy emotions.

“Fufufu. Okay~. Just you wait, Heroine! The rival of this first and probably last gifted women. The beautiful and intelligent Belfreya Alunst will definitely win against you!!”

“O~, do your bestー”

Fufufufu. This laugh was unmistakably the laugh of the Villainous daughter. But, now knowing the girl inside, Shulein cheered her on in monotone. At the very least, this fiancee is a genius at entertaining people. He was looking forward to the next year when she enters the school.

――and so, with defeating the heroine set as a goal in her heart, she continued her training.

Please read the sequel next.