Chapter 4- Heal

Draco's P.O.V

I shot up and out of bed, looking at Harry beside me. I was feeling my heart thump and slowly burst out of my chest, sweat was pouring out of every area in my body, my mouth was dry and my eyes were watery. I slowly slid out of bed without waking up Harry and looked around the room panicked.

Deep breaths.

Close your eyes.

5 things you see.. Harry, My hands, the floor, the ceiling, the bed.

4 things you touch...

I lightly stroked Harry's hair.

His hair, the blanket, my skin, his skin.

3 things you hear... Harry's breathing, my thoughts, my heart.

2 things you smell...Dirt and logfire

1 thing you can taste...

I licked my lips.

Nothing yet.

(Protip: This is an actual technique called grounding you can use to calm yourself if you feel very anxious or nervous and might have an attack. Just in case you need it.)

I opened my eyes again and instantly everything in my body was regulated. I felt my heart slow down but it was still aching. I tried another way to calm myself down. The song that mother would sing to me to calm me down after father would beat us both.

"She held the world upon a string

But she didn't ever hold me

Spun the stars on her fingernails

But it never made her happy

'Cause she could never have me

She said she won the world, at a carnival

But she could never win me

'Cause she could never catch me."

I took a small breath.

"I, I know why

Because when I look in her eyes, I just see the sky

When I look in her eyes

Well I, Just see the sky"

I stopped singing abruptly and looked down, remembering I no longer had anyone to sing with me.

I heard small fizzing in front of me and looked up.

'You sing beautifully'

I feel heat attack my face from under my skin, meaning my face was violently flushing.

"M-Maybe average but not beautifully" I said nervously.

'It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.' He reluctantly smiles at me.