Chapter One. Return

This just in... Rowan Johnson spotted, and by the looks of it, she looks better than ever!

"You know when you told me to come back to this shitty ass town I was absolutely flabbergasted," I said with a roll of my eyes as I walked up to Kat. I honestly don't know how she convinced me. Unlike her, I was absolutely fine with being miles away from Riverdale. Maybe I came back because I missed her but I'd never tell Kat that, it would go straight to her already huge head.

"Look at you with the big words, New York actually taught you something," she retorted with a smile. This was Katherine for you, she will insult you but of course with a smile. Her soft brown curls flowed around her shoulders like a goddess its no wonder she gets away with so much.

Katherine Andre is the only person that was able to weasel their way into my cold heart.... well besides my brother.

"You know if I didn't know any better I would think you didn't miss me," I sighed as I walked up to her with all of my bags. Without warning, she launched herself at me causing me to quickly drop my stuff. 

"My best friend has been gone for a year, of course I miss you," she said while she gave me the biggest hug. A smile fell on my face at that, it has been a while. "I want you to tell me all about New York, but first I need to feel you in," she continued while casually flipping her hair over her shoulders.

"First let's go home and then you can spill," I said as I picked up my bags. 

"Yeahh... about that," kat drew out causing me to slow my movements. "A lot has happened since you've been gone," she said while she bit her lip. 

"Like what Kat," I asked with raised eyebrows. 

"Fp is in jail for multiple charges," she answered without out looking at me. 

Wow, of course, I leave and everything goes to shit.

 "Jughead?" I wondered. Jughead and I, unfortunately, go way back. It's foolish of me to even be concerned about him, he broke my heart... I mean, what heart? am I right.

Kat gave me a knowing look before she replied, "He's holding up as best as he can."

"Mhmm, of course he is," I shrugged before continuing my walk to the car with Kat in tow.

"He goes to South Side High now," Kat brought up. My hands tightened around the bags at the comment. 

"Well it's a good thing I'm back," I replied with a sigh. "He's going to wish he never met me," I added on with a small smirk. 

Kat looked over at me with praise while saying, "It's good to have you back RJ."

"It is, isn't it," I gloated, she should know by now that I'll always have the last word. 

  ✽ ✽ ✽   

"AH, BIG BROTHER!" I shouted as I ran to my brother's open arms. He held me tightly as he lightly chuckled.

"I've missed you sis," he told me before looking over my shoulder with a small smile, "Kat."

"James," was her only reply with a small smile of her own. I looked between the two with absolute disgust. This has been going on for years and they obviously haven't released the long lasting tension. 

"Sooooo, you mean to tell me I've left you two alone for a year and you both haven't screwed each other yet," I said with the roll of my eyes... amateurs.

Like a gun went off they quickly looked away from each other and simultaneously shook their heads no. 

"Don't be so crude Rowan," James told me with a sigh. 

"And don't be such a prude James," I quickly retorted as I shrugged. "Anyways let's get back to more pressing matters, like what the actual hell has been going on since I've departed?" I asked while looking at the two most important people in my life. 

"Take me to see Fp," I continued.

"We should go to the hospital, Fred was apparently shot, and it seems like your questions will be better answered there then at a prison filled with cops," James explained to me. 

"Off to the hospital we go," I answered with a nod of my head. "But first, it seems a little chilly, don't you think?" I rhetorically asked. Kat and James both shared a smile before looking back at me. They obviously knew what I was up to. 

I looked down at my luggage that was currently on the floor. Kneeling down, I unzipped the bag before slowly coming up with my prized possession in my hands. With a smirk on my face, I confidently slipped on my black leather jacket. 

"Boy have I missed this," I said as I flipped my hair from under the jacket. 

Anyone walking past would know where I belonged, and who I belonged to because very clearly on the back it read, Southside Serpent. 

Looks like little Miss.Johnson is ready to wreak absolute havok. 

Until next time, smooches.