Chapter two. Unfortunate Meetings

Rowan Johnson doesn't seem like she's leaving anytime soon, did you miss her?

"Well, well, well... look at what we have here," I spoke as I damn near pranced into the hospital. I could see my brother roll his eyes at my antics. The sight before me was astonishing, Archie Andrews was covered from head to toe in blood. There was also a dark headed beauty that seemed vaguely familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Then, of course, my chocolate eyes swept over to Betty Cooper who was standing rather close to none other then Jughead Jones... interesting.

"What are yo-" Jughead began to ask but I quickly cut him off with the raise of my hand.

"I'll deal with you in a moment," I said sweetly as I calmly pushed past him. A light scoff was heard from the dark headed girl. "And who might you be?" I questioned.

"Veronica lodge," she answered while folding her perfectly manicured nails in her lap. "and you are?" she retaliated.

"Your worst nightmare," I deviously answered.

"What are you doing here RJ?" Jughead asked again seeming tired of my games. Something about him saying my nickname pissed me off but also made me anxious.

"You don't get to call me that anymore," I responded hastily. I watched as he sighed and looked away from my 5 foot 10 frame. " I heard that your father was shot and I wanted to come and see how he was doing," I said directing it to the completely silent redhead. As far as I was concerned, mine and Archie's friendship died the moment jughead left me, but there was still apart of me who wanted to be there for both of them.

"We're still waiting for answers from the doctor," Archie finally spoke.

"What happened exactly, if you don't mind me asking," I questioned.

"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, thief. He was wearing a hood and was pointing it at Pop Tate," he started to explain but it was clearly hard for him. "Then he pointed at my dad and just fired." he sadly spoke.

"I'm sorry Archie," I sighed and I truly meant it, no child should have to watch their parent shot or harmed.

He slowly nodded his head before telling us that the man in the black hood just cowardly fled. Archie then quickly explained how he drove to the hospital with the only thought being that he had to save his father.

"Who would've known that Archie Andrews could save the day," I nudged him on the shoulder trying to lighten the mood.

"She's right, you saved your dad." Jughead agreed which surprised me. "First Cheryl, and now your dad... If you keep this up your gonna need a superhero name," Jughead continued also trying to lighten the upsetting mood.

Archie nodded slowly before looking back at me, kat and James.

"What're you really doing here?" he asked once more.

This time Katherine answered, "We came to see if you were okay and just like old times Rowan here wanted to check on our dear friend Juggie."

I dramatically gasped, "I did not!"

Just as I said this Jughead asked a resounding, "You did?"

I simply glared at Kat who had her head hidden on my brother's shoulder as she quietly laughed.

"Yes, and No, I came to find out why the hell you're apart of the Serpent life all of a sudden and why my good pal Fp is in jail," I correctly answered.

Before Jughead could answer, I watched as Alice Cooper came strutting over to our small group.

"I didn't know you were back Miss. Johnson," she said to me with the fakest smile ever. This is why Alice truly bothered me, she acted as if she wasn't "serpent scum" back in the old days.

"Ahh Mrs.Cooper, its never a pleasure to see you," I responded with a smirk. She rolled her eyes at my comment while Betty looked flabbergasted about such words.

"Anyways, I've come to tell you, Archie, to call your mother and inform her that Fred is now in surgery," she said to him. He nodded his head and left to go and call her.

As soon as he was gone an awkward silence fell about the group. I did notice, however, that Alice was eyeing jughead with disgrace.

"Mom don't start," Betty scolded her mom as she too noticed the exchange.

"Well, I'm sorry I can't help but wonder if your southside associates had anything to do with Fred getting shot," she snarkily answered but what really pissed me off is that she let her eyes flitter over to where i casually stood.

"Watch it, Alice," I spoke under my breath. I didn't care if she was older than me, in my eyes we were very much equal.

"I'm surprised you're even fine with this budding romance between a serpent and a north sider, isn't that against one of your stupid rules," Alice wondered matter-of-factly.

"Mommmmm," Betty drew out as she covered her face with her hands.

For some reason, the thought of Jughead and Betty shocked and hurt more then I wished to admit.

"R-romance?" I choked out uncertainly. I hated myself for how weak I sounded in that moment. It was even worse when I saw Alice smirk acting as if she just won the jackpot.

"Oh, you didn't know? oops." she "innocently," said with the shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh my god, I cant handle this," Veronica whispered before leaning her head on a stunned betty.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head at the remaining three teens before turning to walk away.

"I'm going visit your father Jug, text me if something happens to Fred," I spoke over my shoulder as I made my way to the door with Kat and James at my sides.

I was just about to push open the doors before Jughead's voice rang through the hospital, "Can we talk?"

I sighed and stuffed my hands into my jacket before slowly turning around.

"We'll be in the car," James told me as the two left the hospital.

"You have five minutes Jughead," I replied before walking to a hallway that didn't have prying eyes.

Little did I know I was getting drawn back in when all I wanted to do was run for the hills.

Lookie, Lookie, Lookie it seems like our resident badass has a few weakness. One of them just so happens to wear a beanie and is dating miss priss and proper.

stay tuned for more, smooches.