One

Chapter One | The Interview

"So you guys, what kind of response has stranger things been receiving as of late since hiring such a young writer?" Asked the interviewer in a pleasant yet quizzical tone.

"Well, of course, we received negative backlash for hiring a fifteen-year-old to co-write the show," Began ross duffer. "But we honestly think that because of Alex's age she can really get into the mindset of the show's characters and help us create plotlines we couldn't before."

Matt nodded his head in agreement as the interviewer looked at him for a response. "Definitely. Alex can for sure bring something new to the table. Something great."

"So, she's a good writer?" Asked the interviewer, who now had a rather impressed look spread across his face.

"Most definitely," Stated Matt. "She actually brought in some of her own short stories to her interview and we were just amazed that someone her age could produce work of such good quality."

"She'll be giving us a run for our money!" Joked Ross, earning a laugh from the others.

"Well, that is actually the last question I have for you two today," Said the interviewer to the Duffers before turning to the camera to announce something rather irrelevant to this story.

---

I smiled to myself as I watched the Duffer brother's interview. Sure, I knew I was a talented writer, but what they were saying made me certain that I am in fact good enough for my new job.

I was more than excited to start my behind the scenes work. I was utterly elated, ecstatic, overjoyed. I mean, this is Stranger Things we're talking about. The Stranger Things. Who wouldn't be?

A/N Are you excited, my dudes? Because I know I am!