- 9)

Emily Roos van der Zuid
Chapter 9: Ygliaas, the shittiest demon in the whole race of demons

----

Clary's P.O.V:

Mary closed her eyes and the whole room colours red in the light of the candles. Even the light from the large windows behind the desk were shut with thick, large curtains. Mary began to mumble in one of the demonic languages. The only word I could understand was Ygliaas, but Femme looked like she understood every single word.

The pentagram lit up in red, as if shining red blood stream through it. Inside the pentagram there appeared gas, black gas to be more precisely. The black gas tried to escape the pentagram, but bashed against an invisible wall.

"He can not come to us, I can assure you," says Mary calmly. An authoritive, powerfull blanket was wrapped around Mary, showing how long she had really lived and how much of these summonings she probably has done.

The gas inside the pentagram gave up and tried to solidify. The black gas formed to a body. The body of a male. His face began to form facial features and his body got more detail, but he still excisted only out of black gas. 

When his body was done, he opened his eyes. They were poisongreen, pupils and irisses, like by Femme. It was scary..

His lips are plump and quite big. It's attractive, I guess. It could have been, at least, if they weren't formed in that horrible, devilish smirk of his. I heard the others gasp for air. Well, everyone except Mary and me, who was too dumbstruck to make sounds.

"Who summoned me, Ygliaas," the demon spoke with a deep, masculine voice. It send shivers down my spine and not pleasurable ones. No wonder Mary didn't want any of her wards to meet this demon. He could have been a Greater Demon, I swear.

"I did. Asmodea Lithre Azalea." "And why did you do that, Miss Azalea," asks the demon, turning his evil eyes at Mary. I heard Femme making a soft, gasping sound at Mary's birthname. She probably never knew this..

"You bit my warlock friend, Magnus Bane. You made him sick with Yglaris. You know what the medicine is.." "I see.. but why would I help you? You know, you did nothing for me but summoning me. Where is my prize?"

The demon looks around for a bit when his eyes catch sight of, you guessed it,.. Femme. "Young lady over there, have we met?" "N-no," she stutters, denying to look at the demon. "Hahaha! I know who you are. You look so much like that woman who birthed you. Ohh.. what a pleasurable night was that. I can say she put up a fight."

Femme looks up with so much power in those poisongreen eyes of hers. "I think she can not say that of your prestations. Ygliaas, the shittiest demon in the whole race of demons!" Ygliaas looked dumbstruck that his offspring talked to him like this.

He quickly resumed himself. "I will not let a little warlock talk to me like that. Back to the big warlocks now.. Asmodea. I have heard of you. You want to know where?" "I don't. Give up on your influence on Magnus Bane or you will regret it."

"Why, in Lucifer's name, would I regret that? I have fun! It is even more fun then impregnating poor young women like the mother of Femme here. He is such a weak warlock, you know. So brother so sister.." "Shut your mouth Ygliaas, no one takes you serious," snaps Mary.

"So.. if I can not get it out of you the simple way, it will be the hard way," says Mary calmly. She snaps with her fingers and inside the pentagram, Ygliaas got attacked by lightening. He cursed and yelled in a language I could not understand. It sounded quite much like what Mary said while summoning him, so I guess it's a demonic language.

"I hate you, little warlock," snaps Ygliaas. "Love you too. Now, let go off Magnus," Mary snapped. Ygliaas growled.

"Fine. I was getting bored with that weak behaviour of his anyways." "Sure Ygliaas. Do it now or I won't be so patient anymore," snaps Mary. Now I'm not scared of Ygliaas anymore.. but of Mary. She was so full with anger, authority, hatred and power.. it was threatening.

Ygliaas closed his poisongreen eyes and moved his hands around. Poisongreen flames rose up, circling around the protective barrier around the pentagram. When the whole barrier was hugged by the flames, they shined brightly. Too bright. 

I place my hands before my eyes and see Jace and Alec next to me doing the same. The light was so bright I couldn't see Mary and Femme through it anymore. Not much time later I see the shadows returning through the slits in my hands and take them off my eyes.

The room was not that bright anymore, only lit by the candles. Ygliaas growled. "Dismiss me. I did as you asked and I want to go home, mess up some lifes." "Fine. If you haven't cured Magnus, I will find you again," snaps Mary.

"Good. See you later, Asmodeus' daughter," Ygliaas smiles, waving girly goodbye. He deformed into black gas again, disappearing into thin air. Femme gasped, staring with hurt, anger and betrayal at Mary.

"Asmodeus' daughter? B-but you told us that Greater Demons can not leave the place they're bound to. But.. that was a lie. You lied to us."

Mary lookes desperately at Femme. "Please, bien-aimé, you have to understand. I did this to protect you! You and the others!" "Stop the lies, ma'am. Please, just stop," says Femme, blinking the tears away and running out of the dark office.