- 11 - Epilogue)

Drawing of Max Lightwood, made by Clary(here then, it's officially made by Cassandra Jean)

Chapter 11: The true story of Asmodea's mother and Clary's finished drawing
----

Magnus' P.O.V:

It feels good to be back, I think when I smell the air of the streets in Brooklyn. Mary and her family stand next to me with my boyfriend and his friends and family. We walk inside and Alec drops the bags he had packed for me on the floor.

I plump down on one of the designer couches and grab a drink for myself. "Mary, have you ever told anyone about what you told me back in the history? You know, when you and I stayed over in Amsterdam?"

"Not really," Mary sighs, brushing Caitlin through her fiery red curls. She makes me think about Clary. "Why not tell now? I think that your children deserve to know." Mary sighs and Emily looks at Mary.

"Tell us what? What's wrong?" "I.. I will tell you the story of my mother."

"Well, my mother was Rosalina Azalea. She was quite young when she gave birth to me. You see, my uncle was crazy. He was a fierce follower of.. satanism. There was quite a big group around him and they began a small church. The Church Of Asmodeus.

"He took his sister with him one day and she immediately became mesmerised with the thought of this power. When they prayed to Asmodeus, he suddenly turned up in their pentagram. It was a miracle to them. He kind of directly disappeared, but the satanists had hope.

"Another day my mother, Rosalina, went to sleep when she saw Asmodeus, standing before her window. He offered her something she couldn't turn down.. the possibility to be powerful. He offered her the chance to birth a powerful baby.

"Well, they had.. ahum.. a moment and I was created. Mother gave birth to me and everyone was happy.. except my grandparents of course. Even my uncle was proud of his sister. She had given birth to the daughter of a demon, it was amazing!

"My mother died from a disease that murdered everyone around us and I ended up on my own. My uncle finally saw how horrible demons really were after one tried to kill the whole cult by a failed summoning and he tried to get rid of me. My uncle was the only survivor. He was stupid, honestly. I was only a baby. He stopped by his 'church' to get something before fleeding. The biggest mistake of his life. Asmodeus was there and he murdered my uncle Diablo right where he stood. Then he took me with him to Edom."

Everyone shivered, but I just shrugged. I knew what father had done with her. This wasn't so shocking anymore. "What did he do with you, ma'am," asks Femme, squeezing Mary's hand. She smiles sadly. 

"Father raised me as a murdering destruction. When I was four years old, I ran around Pandemonium, being a happy toddler. Father didn't worry too much about me. That was when I found a way to this dimension and escaped Hell.

"I wandered around and got raised by a nice woman who thought that my purple eyes with snake slits were a genetic mistake. When I grew older I found out about my magical powers and began using them. That was when I came across Aldous Nix. We talked and he agreed on training me as a warlock. Later I got to meet my half-brother.. Magnus Bane on a party."

Mary smiles sadly at me. "That was one of the best days of my life. I ended up with you after Aldous went to Hell.." "So you lived with Asmodeus.. wow," Clary looks with big eyes at her. "Yeah.. he was a real good father. In case you didn't notice, that's sarcasm," Mary laughs.

Clary's P.O.V:

After some hours of talking by and asking questions, Jace tapped me on the shoulder. "What about your drawing of Max? Is it finished," asks Jace. Everyone looks at me with surprise. Maryse, Isabelle and Alec look with confusion and interest at me.

"You were drawing Max? Why," asks Maryse. "I-I don't know why. Maybe to give his.. his lost a place." "Show us," Maryse says. I look confused at her, but obey. I grab my writingblock and show her the drawing I made.

Max looks down while two hands try to grab him. The rune for mourning is clearly visible on his chest. He has his eyes closed. I hand the drawing to Maryse. Maryse studies it, Alec and Isabelle looking over her shoulder.

"It's.. It's..." "I know.. it's-" "Beautiful," the three Lightwoods whisper in choir. My eyes snap up to them and the three stare at me. Maryse looks appreciating at me. "Can we.. get this drawing from you Clary?"

"Do you really want it," I ask. "It's beautiful Clary. I already told you," Jace smiles kindly, playing with my curls. "Well, if you want you can keep it. I don't mind," I say to the Lightwoods. "Thank you Clary, it means a lot to us," says Maryse, folding the drawing really carefully and burying it in her jumpsuit.

I tried to refresh this week. Magnus went sick, we went to London, met another warlock(the High Warlock of Amsterdam even), found out Magnus has a half-sister, met even more warlocks, summoned a demon, learned about Mary's past and cured Magnus. And I drew something for the Lightwoods!

Wow, this really was a busy week, I think while I lay my head to rest on Jace's shoulder.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 🎉