Chapter 1

A low heavy hum rung round the dimmly lit room.
"Finally! My greatest creation is finished!" cried the tall shadowed figure.
"What is it Doctor?" came a voice from across the room.
"This my mechanical friend, is my ticket to finally dealing with that speedy blue scuzzball" Dr. Eggman replied, a grin creeping across his face as he stood admiring his own work. The large metal box like contraption stood in the middle of the room, it's lights flashing and mechanisems swirling.
"What does it do?" came another voice.
" Well, since you asked.." he smirked, looking at the two small robots now stood behind him.
"Past experiences have prooved there are dimentions out there other then our own. I have recently discovered that in one of these dimentions, there is an energy sorce... as powerful as chaos emeralds, possibly more! All I have to do is find it & bring it here. Which is where this magnificent piece of genieus comes in." he grinned stroking his moustach "It's going to draw the energy here and contain it... ready to be used as I wish! Mwoho! ho! ho! Then Sonic will be sorry he ever crossed the great Dr. Eggman! HO!HO!HO!" he boasted, a proud smile on his face.
He looked over at the two robots and noticed them leant against eachother, both snoring.
"GRRR! Deco! Boco! Have you heard a word I've said?!" he barked. The two robots jumped, panicing. "Oh, of course Doctor!" wimpered Deco, avoiding eye contact with Eggman.
"Grrr.. You're useless! hmmmf.." Eggman grumbled as he turned to face the machine. "No matter.. HERE GOES!!" he grinned as he pulled a large lever.

The huge machine lit up, illuminating the room. It clunked and rattled, humming and beeping loudly.
"Yes!... YESS! it's working! IT'S WORKING!!" cried Dr. Eggman, jumping up and down with excitement.
A low rumble drew the doctor's attention towards the door in the far corner of the room.
"Hmm?.." he raised an eyebrow curiously.
"What's wrong doctor?" asked Boco, looking at him.
The rumble became louder "It couldn't be.." Eggman muttered, stepping back away from the door; as he did so the door burst open and an all too familiar figure stood infront of him.
"Sonic.." he sighed, then smiled "TOO LATE!" he smirked, standing infront of the machine.
"Oh yeah?" retorted Sonic, watching Eggman closely.
"Too bad Sonic, the machine's switched on and it's already begun!.. I beat you this time blue boy!" Eggman beamed, giving the hedgehog a self-satisfied smirk.

Sonic grinned at the plump, bald man. "Heh heh, anything that has an ON switch has an OFF switch too.. right?" he said sarcasticly, moving towards the doctor and the machine.
"Off switch?.. oh.. no! NO NO! BACK!.. stay back hedgehog!" yelled Eggman, stepping infront of the machine and flailing his arms about in panic.
"No off switch huh? well.. guess I'll just have to make one" Sonic smirked running past eggman, charging towards the machine.
"Eh.. oh.. oh.. damn you hedgehog!.. this isn't over! you hear me Sonic!" Eggman yelled as he ran for the door, his robots chasing behind him.
Sonic shook his head, a smile on his face. "Well, here goes" he muttered as he began demolishing the machine.
After one last spin attack; the damaged, burning machine erupted in a huge explosion, causing a blinding light.

The bright light bounced off the snowy ground, lighting up the area for miles.
"Wow... bright.. hmm, guess that's Egghead taken care of" Sonic smiled, casually walking away from the burning wreckage.
"Hmm?.. man I'm hungry, think I'll head home" he said rubbing his tummy as he walked off, down towards the town.
The light slowly faded and a darkness set in, bringing a feeling of fear and bitter cold.
"Hmm.. nn.. w.. wha..." a shivering voice wispered as the pale figure fell unconcious, followed by an eeriey silence.