Prelude to Aerrow's Story

10 years prior to the cartoon's events, Aerrow's home terra was invaded by the Cyclonians. While he was running away, he was intercepted by a white hawk that showed him a vision of the future: it showed a person's face and a silhouette of someone holding two twin blades with angelic wings. The vision wasn't very clear to him then, and it left him overwhelmed, giving more than enough time for the enemy troops to catch up with him and take him away to the Cyclonian prison mine.

Since then, he started thinking he had been cursed for being shown that vision, because it was thanks to it he was stuck in the prison, so he pushed it away in order to try to cope with his situation. 3 years later he meets Radarr, then 4 years after that Finn is thrown in his cell. 3 more years pass, Aerrow slowly starts remembering that vision from a decade ago and decides he was supposed to go find that person, realizing that all along he had somehow been "thirsting" for them, longing to finally meet them in person.

He, of course, does meet her after he and his friends escape from the prison, and she's none other than Piper, someone who'd eventually become his best friend and a person he really cares for. So, in the end, he had been "gracefully" cursed, because even though that vision caused him to be locked in a prison for a decade, Piper was still a good thing.

From then on, the four become like a family and start their adventures together.