»four«

ok they finally meet this chapter... but don't get your hopes up

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Eddie had managed to make it until lunch with only minimal odd stares.  The dark glasses looked out of place with his pastel shorts and t-shirt, but it was better than nothing.  Oh yeah and his eye ached like hell.  He couldn't go to the nurse because then she'd call his mom and she would have a fit about it.  He probably would need to make up some shit story about doing a project for science concerning pupil dilation??  He hated it.

As the boy was heading to the table where he'd sit everyday with Stan and Bill, he watched the couple be so... coupley. They were staring at each other with the most lovestruck expressions. Stan said something that made Bill laugh, and Bill replied with a kiss to the curly haired boy's cheek. Eddie was going to gag from how cute they were.

As he headed over to their table to tease them about it, he saw one of bower's "friends" approaching him. It was be one that had given him the black eye.

"Nice sunglasses, bitch. Wouldn't mind if i borrowed them for a while?" he sneered.

"Oh, shit" eddie muttered to himself and began to run. He had to get out of there.

He ran out of the cafeteria and onto the grounds.  When Eddie looked back, the bully was still chasing him.  The panicked boy made a sharp turn, running right into a tall figure.  All he saw was a blob of black and heard a surprised yelp.

"Watch where you're going! You made me drop me cigarette!" the boy exclaimed.

"Can you please hide me!?" Eddie begged.

"Well that's not usually what people first ask me. And whats with the glasses?" he said, confused.

"Listen to me! One of Bower's guys is after me!" whisper-yelled Eddie, nervously glancing behind him.

"Well why didn't you say that in the first place?" joked the stranger.

Eddie glared at him as he looked around. He was actually quite attractive in an idontcarehowilook kind of way. This is not the time! Eddie scolded himself. His possible savior dragged him over to the nearby field house to hide.  Together, they waited for the unsuspecting bully to run past.  The taller boy cautiously stuck his head out before exiting the shed which housed

Eddie looked up to thank the stranger, but his words were caught in his throat. In that moment, his breath was taken away by the landscape of color that greeted him. The soft blue sky, the vibrant grass, the scarlet fall leaves, the boy's cream skin, his dark chocolate eyes, the golden pins on his denim jacket. Eddie was in awe. It was so much better than when Bill described it to him.

"Um hello, I know Im hot but really!" the boy said, waving his hand in front of Eddie's face, taking him out of his trance. "I'm Richie by the way"

Eddie went straight from amazed to confused and a bit frightened. Did Richie not see it? Why was this happening? Why was he his soulmate in the first place??

Eddie's breathing became ragged as he reached for his inhaler and took a huff. All the while, Richie stared at him with confusion, worry and a little bit of amusement written on his face.

"You good there?" Richie asked.

"You don't see it?"

"See what?" replied a bewildered Richie.

"The...the... nothing. I need to go. Thanks for saving my ass" Eddie thought better of telling his apparent soulmate of what he saw.

"Uh no problem I guess. Oh and I never got your name!" Richie smiled at the retreating boy.

"M-my, uh, name is Eddie" wow he sounded as bad as Bill.

"Okay! See ya around, Eddie" Richie saluted as Eddie hurried around the corner to find his friends. There had to be a mistake.