ii.

A/N wow thank you so much for all ur feedback and support on the first chap! all ur comments made my heart burst. i hope yall enjoy this one!!! tw for mentions of abuse and suicidal thoughts. 

thanks to @bloombello for being the best at throwing random ideas at me that honestly fuel my love for topcamila hdfjs

until next time!

-

They set out on their road trip three days later and Lauren doesn't tell a soul.

She doesn't tell her mother and she doesn't even think of mentioning it to her father, she'd either be kicked out or disowned.

But going with Camila means getting either treatment, and its wild how suddenly she doesn't care about school or grades because Camila looked so happy when she said she wanted to just drive. Go as far away as possible.

Break doesn't start for another week, but hey, Lauren has a perfect GPA, so fuck it she thinks, she's going where Camila goes.

She's going where Camila takes her.

-

Lauren meets her at their spot.

Their spot is the tunnel in their local parks playground. It's the spot Camila knew she loved Lauren and it was the spot she ran to the first time her father hit her. She remembers how Lauren cuddled up next to her in the plastic tunnel and tucked her head under Camila's neck. She remembers how Lauren said she was worthy of being loved and played with Camila's bruised hands.

Lauren was like that-is like that. Caring and soft and innocent because she asked Camila "Why are you bruised? Did you fall over?" And Camila laughed as she wiped tears from her eyes saying 

"No, it's okay. I just punched my wall again"

Which she didn't, but Lauren doesn't have to know that.

But twelve year old Lauren frowned, she said for Camila not to do that anymore because it'll hurt your bones and skin and Lauren likes how soft her best friend's hands are. So Camila hasn't hit her fist against a wall since.

"Camz?"

She's flashed back to the present, blinking once as she flicks her cigarette to rid of the ash. Lauren, like always, gives her a disappointed frown – but simply ducks her head into the tunnel with an expectant small smile.

A duffel bag is slung over her shoulder, she's wearing a mini skirt and one of Camila's sweaters and she looks so fucking perfect Camila thinks. "You coming? Or am I gonna have to drive?"

Camila smiles, puts out her cigarette on the tunnel and crawls out. She doesn't miss the interested intrigued look Lauren gives the snuffed out cigarette, how she watches the embers flicker out and dissipate into the ground.

She was so invested she doesn't even feel Camila until she's waving her hand in front of her face.

"Laur? Anybody home?"

Lauren blinks, shakes her head and watches how the action has Camila smiling slowly. She blushes, because Jesus Lauren, what's so hot about Camila putting out a cigarette??

Camila chuckles softly at how Lauren blushes, putting her arm around the other girl's shoulders and kissing her cheek. Lauren melts into the hold, how Camila's bomber jacket is soft and her arm strong as they walk out of the park.

When they get to Camila's Impala, the other girl spins her keys around her pointer finger and whistles, smiling to Lauren over the top of the roof.