The Ghost Of Christmas Present

Song of the chapter :
        Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix
       Drummer Boy - Justin Bieber ft Busta Rhymes

                   Carol rolled onto the floor, she hit it with a thud and grunted awake. The knock on her door that woke her up continued, she squinted at the clock. 11 o'clock. As she took a gown from her closet she debated on who it was, Armed robbers? No they don't knock this loud. The second ghost? Ghosts can't knock. Who is it then?. She went towards the door but then diverted into the kitchen to grab a knife to keep her heart shut racing. She cracked open the door and peered out, she signed in relief, "Chioma what are you doing here?". Chioma smiled, "You were scared weren't you?", she bounded inside, "Drop the knife, you won't need it where we're going." Carol was confused, Chioma didn't know about the knife, then she noticed the way Chioma's leg didn't touch the floor, "You're the ghost of Christmas", she sputtered.
                Chioma grinned, "Close enough. I'm the ghost of Christmas present. Let's go." Carol latched onto her hand, squeezing her eyes shut, Chioma shook her," What are you doing?", "Aren't we going somewhere?", Carol asked. Chioma laughed, "It's the present. We're already here. Let's go", she walked out and Carol followed only turning to lock her door.
              Chioma waved a hand over her head, "There, now you're transparent like moí." They walked in silence, out of the house and into the active street. They walked to a bar, and Carol looked at Chioma, who didn't even seem the least bit uncomfortable, she just waited by the door and gestured for Carol to do the same. They waited, all of a sudden Efe stumbled out, holding on to a girl, Carol bristled, "I knew it. I knew he was cheating on me. I didn't have money my ass". Chioma watched on while Carol continued ranting, "Thank you Favor. You're a good girl", "Oh so that's her name, favor abi? Favor kor, divine ni", Carol taunted. The girl he had called favor smiled, "Yes brother I know I'm a good girl. Now one step after the other". Efe stumbled past them before he stopped and looked straight at Carol, he left his sister and bounded toward her with his arms outstretched, "Carol!" She looked at Chioma for help, the ghost glided over and held her arm, Carol had the good sense to shut her eyes before the vortex took her.
               They appeared in a sitting room where a group of adults were talking, then a short fair woman came from the kitchen, "Who wants Chivita?", a man answered her humor evident in his tone, "Jennifer, I've told you to stop asking stupid questions. Who doesn't want Chivita?", they all laughed hysterically. She served them and looked around the room, they spread out in different places, some were even on the floor. The man who had answered Jennifer who looked like her husband asked, "Sweetheart what of your sister? She's not coming again this year?" Before Jennifer could answer, another woman did, "Is it not Carol? That one would not come. I've been asking her for as long as I can remember. I think that she's just stingy" and just like that they started discussing Carol while her sister looked on, helpless.
               Carol looked at Chioma, "Please just get me out of here", Chioma nodded and held her hand. Before they were sucked into the vortex, Carol watched as her sister cracked a smile.
               They appeared back in her room and Carol jerked her hand to furiously wipe her tears. A tissue was handed to her and she took it angrily. Chioma looked on sympathetically, "Do you want to say something?", Carol snorted, "That is why I don't go to family dinners. Always gossiping, I can't believe Jennifer even laughed with them. I mean, I'm her sister! Not blood but still, she's supposed to have defended me". Chioma smiled, "Maybe she doesn't know you well enough to do so", with that being said, she disappeared leaving Carol to ponder her words.