The Ghost Of Christmas Future

Song of the chapter:
   Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande
            2 o'clock met Carol looking at nothing in particular. They was a crack and she spoke, "You're late", she turned to look at the ghost and saw a little girl. "You're the ghost of Christmas future? A small girl?" The girl spoke but her lips did not move, the voice that resonated on Carol's head was mature and full of wisdom, "Appearances can be deceiving."
            Carol nodded, having filled her 'weird quota' for the next decade. She held out her hand and the spirit held firmly. They appeared in a hallway where the doors were see-through. "The future is not like the past where it's what has happened that is being shown, neither is it like the present where it's the events that are happening. It's a never-ending concept with different outcomes. You're a math teacher, you should know", they stopped in front of a door but instead of going in, they just watched.
          "At the moment, this is your most possible future", she waved a hand and gestured to Carol to listen. She watched Chioma, the real one, sit in front of the principal, "Ma, why would you fire Miss Carol?", Carol made a sound of indignation, "Miss Chioma I don't think it's any of your business. I asked you to teach them maths for now and you should be doing that instead of asking me stupid questions." Carol made to open the door but the Spirit held her back. They walked to another door and watched as Carol was thrown out of her apartment, while her neighbors made no move to help.
              The door she was finally allowed to go through showed her in Jennifer's house, washing clothes for a living, "You can't be serious", Carol sputtered, "I am certainly serious." They watched as future-Carol walked out of the house dejected. She was nearly run over by a car and when the driver came out, it was Efe. Both Carols smiled, hoping that Efe would help her. He just looked at her in disgust and went to his car before driving away. Future-Carol ran after the car and Carol was about to follow when she was held back.
               She was back in the village and there was a ceremony going on, she turned to the Spirit for an explanation but no one was there. She walked towards the sound and saw Jennifer crying. "Jenny what happened? Who died?", but Jennifer couldn't hear her, she was muttering, "Carol why? Why now?" Carol backed away, "No, it can't be me. I can't be dead. It's not possible." She turned and ran, ending up in front of a freshly dug grave.
                She fell to her knees, crying, "I can't be dead, take me back. Take me back", she shouted to the heavens, "I want to go back!" The ground fell away and she tumbled into the grave, "Help! Somebody! Jennifer!", the grave was compressing on her, her cries grew frantic, "Anybody! Mama?! I swear I'll change. Please just help me!"