The Klaine Christmas Special

(An AU where they're the same age and graduated together. While Blaine is at NYU Kurt still did not get accepted to NYADA so the same Winter Showcase scene happens. It's near Christmas in this though)

Kurt took a deep breath as he walked back into the room where his future could possibly be decided. As he took his place in the middle of the floor, his mouth tilted into an awkward smile.

"Hi, I'm Kurt Hummel and I'll be auditioning for the role of... NYADA student. The song I will be singing is a one I've been singing for years, but I haven't really known what it meant until recently." His eyes locked on to the encouraging amber ones that belonged to his one and only true love.

Blaine's eyes sparkled with adoration as he watched his boyfriend shift his footing and prepare to sing. Kurt's eyes closed as if he was truly feeling the music instead of just hearing it, and it was the most beautiful sight Blaine had ever seen.

Someone to hold you too close,
Someone to hurt you too deep,
Someone to sit in your chair,
To ruin your sleep.

Someone to need you too much,
Someone to know you too well,
Someone to pull you up short
And put you through hell.

Someone you have to let in,
Someone whose feelings you spare,
Someone who, like it or not,
Will want you to share
A little, a lot.

Someone to crowd you with love,
Someone to force you to care,
Someone to make you come through,
Who'll always be there,
As frightened as you
Of being alive,
Being alive,
Being alive,
Being alive.

Somebody, hold me too close,
Somebody, hurt me too deep,
Somebody, sit in my chair
And ruin my sleep
And make me aware
Of being alive,
Being alive.

Somebody, need me too much,
Somebody, know me too well,
Somebody, pull me up short
And put me through hell
And give me support
For being alive,
Make me alive,
Make me alive,
Make me confused,
Mock me with praise,
Let me be used,
Vary my days.
But alone is alone, not alive.

Somebody, crowd me with love,
Somebody, force me to care,
Somebody, let me come through,
I'll always be there,
As frightened as you,
To help us survive
Being alive,
Being alive,
Being alive!

The crowd erupted into applause at the end of Kurt's song, causing said man to look around the room in astonishment. He wiped his eyes of unshed tears and bowed.

"Thank you for this opportunity." He said before returning to his seat in between Brody,  Rachel's boyfriend, and Blaine. He was met with a small kiss on the cheek.

"That was amazing. If you don't get in after that, I'll personally confront Carmen." Blaine muttered as the next performer began their act. With a small giggle, Kurt pecked his lips.

"I appreciate your support." He replied, his voice just as low as Blaine's.

~~~

Kurt groaned as he awoke to the sound of Tran-Siberian Orchestra's version of 'Carol of the Bells.' He rolled over, rubbing his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows in confusion when he realized Blaine was not in the bed with him. He arose from the bed and pulled on his slippers, padding into the living room. He was glad Rachel had decided to head back to Lima for Christmas, because the last thing he wanted was waking up to her singing. He took a deep breath and smelled the wonderful aroma of blueberry pancakes. His eyes lit up and he was in the smaller, adjourned room on a flash.