CHAPTER 9

"Hi Mom." I said. 

--

"Y/N." She sounded like she would burst into tears in any second. And the same went for me, too. I never expected myself to shed a single tear even if it had been years since I didn't see my Mom, but as soon as I looked in her eyes - those familiar shining black pupils - I didn't know what to do but run to her for a hug, crying my heart out.

"Mom...I am sorry." I mumbled through my tears.

"It's alright, honey. No need to be sorry, I understand."

"I know you don't. I thought I did give my number to you - it's...it's just...I wanted to forget everything about my past. I was too broken and -"

"I know, honey, I know." She said with a soothing smile, running her fingers through my hair. "It's alright."

"I am sorry." I sniffed. Her warmth was what I missed the most. Her smile was what I longed for through all these years. Now that I had them, I felt whole. I felt like the missing piece of my soul came back to me.

"Come on, it's cold out here. Let's go inside...and we'll talk."

I nodded in reply.

"Jungkook sweetie?" She called, smiling at the coconut who was silently watching us with sadness in his eyes. "Come inside."  

Since when was he a 'sweetie'?

"Yes, Mrs.Kim." Jungkook, the 'Sweetie' answered, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"We have a lot of things to tell you, Y/N. Don't we, Jungkook?" Mom smiled.

The 'Sweetie' nodded in reply.

"I thought Jungkook told me everything?" I raised a brow and turned to Jungkook. "Or did you miss some stuff out?"

"I-I am sorry... But you know, some stuff are supposed to remain as secrets..." He mumbled, trying to avoid my death glares.

"We will talk about this later, coconut." I hissed under my breath, just loud enough for him to hear.

--

The interior was the same. Nothing changed. They were all same as they were 2 years ago, just like Jungkook's hair.

"I missed this couch." I said softly as I slowly sat down on the green-velvet-couch which used to be my seat whenever we watched TV. "I remember I almost broke this when Jungkook ditched me." That came out of nowhere.

Jungkook just let out a several uncomfortable coughs and pretended he didn't hear me.

"You guys were so young when you first started dating, so it might have been just...puppy love." Mom suggested, trying to cheer up the atmosphere.

"It was not that long ago, but sure, two years can make a huge difference. I changed a lot, too."

Jungkook nodded with agreement.

"-But, I don't think Jungkook changed. I mean, look at his hair! It's the same." I smirked.

"Hey -" The coconut started to protest.

"Don't worry, Coco, I like your hair." I flashed him a fake smile. I still hated him. And his hair.

"Stop arguing and have a seat." Mom said, sitting down on the chair across me.