Rude

~ The Next Day ~

Diligently working on some documents at my desk, one of the workers suddenly approached me and tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hyerin."

"Yes?" I said as I turned around and looked up at her.

"I was ordered by Mr. Kim to inform you to bring some beverages for him, Jungkook, and Jimin to his office right now." She said.

"Oh okay. Thank you for letting me know." I politely said as I bowed at her, immediately getting up from my seat as I headed over to the beverage station.

I hurriedly poured some tea into three teacups, gently placing them on a tray as I headed towards Jin's office.

I made sure to knock before entering, cautiously opening the door and going in.

I quietly shut the door and turned around to see Jungkook, Jimin, and Jin situated on large, leather sofas around a rectangular table.

I guess they were having some kind of important meeting, because they all had a serious expression plastered on their faces.

As I was walking towards the table in front of them, I couldn't help but notice Jimin's intense stare upon me, causing me to feel a bit anxious.

Reaching the table, I was just about to place the tray down until my eyes shifted onto Jungkook, who was staring directly at me.

My heart skipped a beat as I immediately began to feel shy.

I was gradually beginning to get lost in his alluring, dark eyes until...

"Hyerin!"

Hearing Jin's voice greatly startled me, causing me to completely lose my hold of the tray and spill the tea all over Jimin, who was situated the closest to me.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I apologetically said, panicking as I hurriedly took out a handkerchief out of my pocket and began to dry off Jimin's clothes.

"How dare you disturb such an important meeting?! Why couldn't you just simply place the beverages down and leave?!" Jin angrily shouted as he scolded me, only to cause me to flinch in fear.

"I-I'm so sorry..." I repeatedly muttered, hanging my head low due to the great guilt that was overwhelming me.

"Look at what you've done! You've completely drenched Jimin's clothes and ruined my mood!" Jin continued to furiously shout at me, making me feel even more terrible about my careless actions.

Suddenly, I noticed a large figure bend down next to me and begin to pick up the teacups off of the ground.

I shifted my gaze next to me, only to realize it was Jungkook.

"Jin, please don't be so harsh on Hyerin. She's just a bit clumsy sometimes." He calmly said as he gave me a warm, assuring smile.

Why did he always stand up for me and protect me?

How can someone be so whole-hearted and generous?

Jin let out a deep sigh as he disappointedly shook his head at me.

"Just go and help Jimin dry himself off Hyerin."

I hurriedly stood up and apologetically bowed at him, quickly gathering all the teacups onto the tray and rushing out of the office with Jimin following behind me.

As I quietly shut the door, I let out a regretful sigh and looked at Jimin.

"I'm really sorry for wetting your clothes."

Jimin let out a scoff as he forcefully grabbed my handkerchief out of my hand and began to pat it on the wet parts of his clothes.

"You're such a useless intern, you know that right?" He irritatedly stated, looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed in agitation.

I grievously hung my head low and slowly nodded.

"I know."

Although I really do try my best to improve myself and prove to Jin that I can be more than just an intern, I always end up messing up and ruining my opportunities.

"Get me a towel." Jimin rudely ordered.

Although his hostile tone irritated me, knowing this was all my fault, I obediently grabbed him a towel from the beverage station.

Handing it out to him, I waited for him to grab it out of my grip, but he just continued to stare at me with his arms folded.

"Aren't you gonna use it?" I confusedly asked him, raising an eyebrow at him as I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Dry my clothes off for me. My hand's tired." Jimin demanded.

"What the hell?! Why do I have to listen to you?!" I angrily fired back.

"You're the one who caused this." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"That doesn't mean you can just boss me around and expect me to listen to whatever you say you idiot." I snapped back, only to receive an offended gasp from him in return.

"Did you just call me an idiot?" He asked, leaning in closer to my face as the two of us glared at each other.

"Jimin? Hyerin?"

Hearing someone call our names from behind, we shifted our gaze away from each other and looked at the owner of the voice.

It was Jiyeon.

"Oh my gosh, what happened to your clothes Jimin?!" She worriedly asked at the sight of his drenched outfit.

"Your little friend here just happened to spill tea all over me." He complained, sending me another fatal glare.

"Ah, sorry about Hyerin. She's just a bit nervous since she's still an intern." Jiyeon said as she gave me a gentle pat on my head.

Jimin let out a scoff, folding his arms as he rolled his eyes at me.

"She shouldn't be nervous around someone she's been very close to before."

His sudden remark caused me to furiously furrow my eyebrows and clench my fists, disbelieved at the fact that he had just said that to Jiyeon.

"What do you mean?" Jiyeon confusedly asked, cocking her head as she looked at the two of us.

Unable to take Jimin and his rude comments, I angrily shoved the towel into Jiyeon's arms.

"Fine, since all you're going to do is look down on me, I'll just leave everything to your beloved girlfriend."

With that, I hurriedly stomped away from the two of them.