Stay Away

"Hyerin, I'm going to need you to stay away from Jimin and Jungkook for a while." 

Hearing Jin's order, my heart stung. 

How does he expect me to do that?

They were two of the closest friends I had. 

"B-But why?" I anxiously asked, absolutely hating the idea of staying away from them. 

"As you saw earlier, they weren't able to concentrate in their jobs because they were getting distracted by you. If they continue to deepen their relationship with you, they'll surely decrease their efforts into their jobs and I wouldn't want that." Jin stated. 

"But that's nonsense! Mr. Kim, you can't just expect me to quit hanging around them just because of your foolish predictions!" I protested, raising my voice at my boss for the very first time. 

"Hyerin, I understand they're very important friends to you. But please just stay away from them, for the sake of our company and for their own sake." He pleaded. 

I had a million things I wanted to tell Jin and fight back to him, but being that coward I was, I just couldn't dare to. 

This is going to help Jimin and Jungkook, right? 

Yeah, that's right, this is all for them. 

Grievously clenching my fists, I held back the great resentment I was feeling and slowly nodded in agreement. 

"I-I understand..." 

Hearing my response, a proud smile immediately appeared on Jin's face. 

"Thank you Hyerin. I really appreciate it." 

~ After Work ~

As I was packing up my things to end my work for the day, I noticed Jimin enter the office through the entrance door. 

"Oh, Hyerin!" He cheerfully greeted me, hurriedly rushing over to my side. 

A delighted smile appearing on my face, I attempted to greet him back until a suddenly, an image of Jin popped up inside my head. 

"Stay away from them, for the sake of the company and for their own sake." 

Right, I have to stay away from them. 

Sorely biting my lower lip, I hurriedly grabbed my bag and walked away from Jimin. 

But suddenly, I was stopped by a strong grip on my arm. 

"Hey, did you not hear me?" Jimin asked.

"P-Please let go of me." I grievously muttered, my words quivering from fighting back my desire of wanting to stay with him. 

His grip on my arm suddenly softened, gently letting go of my arm. 

"H-Hyerin...?" 

Hearing the dejection in Jimin's voice broke my heart. 

I wanted to turn around and happily talk to him about my day, joke around with him, and share a genuine laugh together like how we always did. 

But I couldn't. 

Fighting back my urge, I hurriedly rushed towards the door and ran out of the office. 

But as soon as I exited the office, I noticed Jungkook coming up the escalator. 

"Hyerin!" He joyously said as he widely smiled at the sight of me, hastily approaching me. 

No, Jungkook.