Unexpected

~ Hyerin's POV ~

Since it was already 6:00 pm, I decided to pack up my things and head home.

Stuffing my laptop and papers into my bag, I noticed Jimin enter the office through the door.

"Oh, Hyerin." He said, casually walking towards me as he stopped right next to me.

"Dinner?" He asked, generously inviting me to eat dinner with him.

But not wanting to give Jiyeon the wrong idea in any way, I simply responded with a shake of my head.

"I-It's okay." I said as I politely declined his offer.

"If you're worried about Jiyeon, I already told her you and I were just friends so it's okay." Jimin stated, as if he was completely reading through my mind.

I contemplated on whether to go or not, but eventually gave him a nod of agreement.

"Fine, but you're paying."

Jimin let out a laugh, running his fingers through his hair as he smiled at me.

"Alright Ms. Bossy."

~ At a Restaurant ~

"Inviting me to eat dinner with you, and you decide to take me to fucking McDonalds?" I asked in utter disbelief, standing in line to order our food.

"Hey, if I'm paying, I choose where to eat." Jimin replied, innocently shrugging his shoulders.

"Ugh, I can't believe this." I muttered, still greatly disappointed in his choice of restaurant.

"Just shut up and order." He rudely demanded as he took a step forward towards the cashier since we were next in line.

"O-Oh, can I get a cheese burger with L-size fries?" I hurriedly ordered, receiving a nod from the cashier in return.

"I'll get the same." Jimin said.

After we both received our meals, we headed over to an open table and situated ourselves down to eat.

But as Jimin and I were happily enjoying our food, I couldn't help but hear loud whispers coming from the two high school girls sitting on the table next to us.

"The guy next to us is so handsome!"

"Do you think they're dating?"

"They look like they are."

Hearing the comments they whisper about Jimin and I caused me to mentally barf in disgust, while Jimin just teasingly wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"I guess we look pretty cute together." He whispered, sending me a flirtatious wink of his.

"Oh shut up." I said as I rolled my eyes, taking another bite from my delicious cheese burger.

"Just letting you know, girls literally beg me to make them my girlfriend, so you should be happy that people even think of us as a couple." Jimin stated, causing me to look at him in utter confusion.

"What're you talking about? You have Jiyeon." I said.

"O-Oh, right." He reluctantly replied, as if he had completely forgotten about her for a second.

After a few minutes of gobbling down our food, Jimin and I decided to head home.

"Thanks for dinner, I guess." I said as the two of us exited out of the restaurant.