Finding Out and Telling Shane

One month later

I woke next to my sleeping husband, as sunlight peeked through the blinds on our window. I had a lot to do today, I had to finish packing and I had to run some errands because tomorrow we were heading to Schaumburg, Illinois. Shane's hometown, to see Shane's family for Christmas.

Shane woke up and turned his head to face me, "Morning, beautiful"

"Morning" I replied, greeting him with a long kiss. It wasn't long before he flipped over so he was on top. When he began kissing my neck and collarbone, leaving marks, my fingers all tangled up in his unkempt morning hair.

It looked like things were getting intense, when, out of nowhere, a wave of nausea hit me, as it has been for a while, and it hit me hard. I began gagging, so I pushed Shane off of me, got up and ran to the bathroom, and began throwing up. After I was done, I heard Shane knocking on the door.

"Babe? You alright?" He said

I opened the door, revealing Shane standing there. "I'm ok, I think I caught a bug from someone at work, this has been happening for a while"

"You should probably see a doctor" he said

"If it gets worse, I will" I said

Just then, there was knock it on the door. Shane went and answered. Helen and Ryan walked in.

"Makayla? You ok? You don't look so good" Ryan said

"I'm fine, Bergara" I said "I'm just nauseous"

After a few minutes of bickering, Ryan and Shane left for work, while I began talking to Helen.

"Girl, I don't know what's wrong with me" I said "I get sick every morning, but then by mid-afternoon I'm fine"

"You've been getting sick every morning?" Helen asked

I began to put 2 and 2 together "you don't think..." I began to say

"Hon, you might be pregnant" she said

I felt a little faint as everything began to make sense. The morning sickness, the breaking down crying over the stupidest of things, and constant hunger.

"Oh my..." I said

"Tell you what, I'll drive you to the store so we could get some tests" she said. We both grabbed our purses and ran out the door.

We made quick run to the local drugstore and within 5 minutes, we were out of there with two pregnancy tests. Upon arriving home, I went to the bathroom, took a deep breath, and took one of the tests.

I went back out to the living room and waited five minutes. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Once that time has passed and the timer on my phone went off, we walked to the bathroom and I counted to 3. I looked at the test and gasped. There was a plus sign!

"I'm pregnant, Helen, I'm pregnant!" I said

"Oh my god, Makayla!" she said

I took the second one and sure enough, there was a plus sign on that one too! I began thinking of a million ways to tell Shane he was going to be a father. I wrapped one of the pregnancy tests in leftover Christmas wrapping paper and waited for Shane to come home.

When he finally arrived home with Ryan, I ran over to him, grabbed his hand and had him st down on the couch.

"What is going on?" he asked

"Wait here" I said

I went and grabbed the wrapped pregnancy test. I walked back out and handed it to Shane, Helen began filming on her phone.

"What's this?" he said with a smile

"Merry early Christmas" I said with a smile "Open it" and he began to slowly tear off the wrapping paper.

Once Shane had opened it and realized what it was, he looked at me in shock!

"This test is positive, does that mean.."

"I'm pregnant, Shane!" I exclaimed

"We're having a baby?!" he asked

"Yes we are!" I said.

Shane jumped up from the couch, grabbed me and took me into his arms for an emotional embrace. As I held on to him, I could feel him shaking. When we separated, I noticed that his brown eyes appeared to have tears in them.

"I love you so much" he said as he fell to his knees and leaned his forehead against my stomach.

"We love you more" I replied

When Shane stood up, him and Ryan embraced each other with a big bear hug and a pat on the back.

"Congratulations!" Ryan exclaimed

"Thanks" Shane replied. He gently broke the embrace and said "I'm so happy right now, I mean, I'm gonna be a dad, Ryan, I'M GONNA BE A DAD!!" as he jumped up and down.

I had Helen take a picture of me and Shane holding the positive pregnancy test and we posted it on Instagram with the caption "Coming soon! #BabyMadej #Coming2019", We watched as the likes and comments began piling up.

We called my cousins and told them. And later that night, as we lay in bed, Shane began drawing circles on my stomach and said "It's amazing, our baby's growing in there"

"Yep" I replied

Shane slithered down to my stomach, placed a gentle kiss on it, and whispered "Hey little one, this is your dad, I love you so much already and I cannot wait to meet you"

I felt tears fill my eyes as he slid back up to face me. Wrapping his arms around me gently, he kissed me tenderly. As Shane fell asleep with his hand on my stomach, I knew life was gonna only get better from here

******

The next day, we arrived in Schaumburg at around 4 in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. We hadn't pulled into the driveway of Shane's parents' house yet when Sherry, Mark, and Scott came running outside to greet us. After hugging, Shane and Scott carried in the luggage.

After chatting and drinking hot chocolate, I remembered that I still needed to tell Shane's family about our upcoming new edition. I excused myself and ran outside. I searched for the gift bags that had the shirts that said "Best Grandma Ever", "Best Grandpa Ever" or "Best Uncle Ever". Once I finally located them, I walked back inside and handed them their assigned bag. Shane turned on his video camera and began recording.

Everyone pulled out their shirts and I waited for them to realize what I was trying to say. Sherry was the first one to figure it out and when she did, she screamed and hugged me. Mark and Scott caught on and cheered with happiness themselves.

"I'm gonna be an uncle!" Scott exclaimed

"I'm gonna be a grandpa" Mark exclaimed

The joined us in a group hug and we took a picture together. I smiled as I knew that great things were gonna happen in the months ahead.