Emergency Room Visit

I laid in bed, holding my stomach, fighting the urge to vomit yet again. This had been going on since early afternoon, it was now about 7pm. I thought about calling Shane and telling him to come take me to urgent care.

Just as I thought that, another wave of nausea hit me, and I felt bile rise in my throat. I shot up from bed and sped to the bathroom. I began throwing up again. When I was done I was weak and I found myself unable to stand. I knew that I should probably go to the hospital.

I slowly walked into our bedroom, grabbed my phone and called Shane. He picked up after a few rings.

"Hello?" he said

"How far away are you?" I said with worry in my voice. I heard his car speed up in the background.

"I'm 15 minutes away, but I can make it in 10! What's going on?"

I gave him a brief rundown before he told me he was on his way. Shane came running in, carrying me to the car and speeding to the hospital. Once inside, they put me in a room, where they put an IV into my hand and did an ultrasound. I felt a sense of relief as the sound of two little heartbeats filled the room.

The nurse who did the ultrasound left and then a male doctor walked in, holding a clipboard.

"Well, the ultrasound shows that the babies are fine" he said "as you for anyway, you are currently suffering from what is known as hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a form of morning sickness, it can cause you become dehydrated, which is not good for you unborn children. As a precaution, we are gonna keep you overnight."

I sighed as I fell back against the pillow on the hospital bed, wanting to just cry, I wanted to go home, but I knew this what I needed to do for Shane and I's twins.

I ended up spending two days in the hospital before finally being allowed to go home, I walked inside and plopped my pregnant butt on our bed. Shane climbed in next to me and pulled me into a spooning position and we just laid there, Shane rubbing and kissing my stomach. We spent the rest of the day watching Netflix.

********

A few days later, after being given the okay by our doctor, we were currently planning our upcoming cabin weekend getaway. I knew that when the babies got here, we wouldn't have as lot of alone time, so we planned to use the alone time we had left as much as possible.

I was in the middle of packing my bag when Shane knocked on the already open door.

"You almost done packing?" he inquired

"Yeah, just need to pack my makeup bag and I should be good to go, if I forget anything I'm sure that there is a 7/11 not far from the cabin resort I could run to, either for essentials or late night craving trips"

"I see, I think you'll be going there mainly to satisfy your crazy cravings" he said before his face turned into an expression I couldn't read and he cocked his head to the side.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that" I said

"Turn to the side a little" he said

"Shane, what is going on" I said as I complied

"You're showing" he said with a smile

"I'm what?" I said

"Go look in the mirror" he said

I walked over the full length mirror I had by my closet and began to look myself up and down. My eyes finally fell on it, a tiny little bump showing through my tight grey shirt.

"You're right, I am" I said

Shane came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my tiny waist, both of his hands resting on my stomach. I pulled out my phone and took a mirror selfie, posting it on all my social media platforms with the caption "Our first family picture''

"As much as I'd like to continue this, we really need to get going if we are gonna make it to the resort by check in time" he said

I nodded before Shane grabbed our bags and put them in the trunk of our car. After a stop at the gas station for some gas and soda, we were on the way. At around 5, we arrived at the resort and got the key to our cabin. We walked in and settled in, Shane started a fire and I began preparing our dinner, which was a pizza I picked up at a small store when we arrived into town. We ate as we enjoyed the sounds of nature.

After we ate, I excused myself and stepped into the bathroom to change into the negligee I had bought while on a shopping spree with my friend Lauren when she was visiting Shane and I from New Zealand, she lives there with her husband even though she's from New York. After I adjusted it so it would fit, I grabbed my phone and took another mirror selfie and sent it to Lauren and waited until she responded.

L: Makayla, you look hot as hell, has Shane seen it yet.

M: No! He doesn't even know I even have it!

L: Go show him! He's gonna love you in it, maybe even more out of it ;)

M: Ok lol! You really think he'll like it.

L: Makayla, you're stalling. Go surprise Shane or I swear to God, I'm gonna fly out there, come to the cabin and drag you out of the bathroom myself.

M: ok ok I'm going!

L: have fun and enjoy your night ;)

I rolled my eyes and laughed, she's too much. I took a deep breath and opened the door, noticing Shane putting our dishes away.

"Oh, Shane" I said to catch his attention.Shane looked up and his eyes widened when looked at my little outfit.

"I've never seen that before" he said

"Well, I bought it for you and wanted to surprise you" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. Shane's skin had a slight orange-ish glow to it from the fireplace, while the moonlight made his hair glisten.

I leaned my forehead on his and whispered "I love you"

"I love you too, I never knew my heart could feel so full" he replied, going for a kiss before adding "Is it, safe to, you know?"

I nodded, "Yes" I said.

After I said that, Shane picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bedroom. After shutting the door behind him, he placed me gently our bed and let's just say that afterwards, there was no more talking.