Chapter Sixteen

Ryuzaki went to their house for a visit. He went upstairs to check his room but he noticed that their attic was opened. When he entered the room, he saw many old chests and closets. He opened one chest and saw a photo album.

It was his step father with a lady beside him and a child between them. He knew at first that It wasn’t him nor his mother. He scanned the whole album and at the last page there was an old  family picture. He took it and left.  He called Azumi and told her to meet him at the nearest café.

Azumi : Ya! Ryuzaki, What’s up?

Ryuzaki : I need to tell you something. Something you might be shocked to hear.

Azumi : Eh? What is it?

"Ryosuke and Shida are not blood-related."

Azumi : What? Of course they’re not. That’s why they’re engaged.

Ryuzaki : You don’t understand. That engagement is just a play.

Azumi : WHAT?!

Ryuzaki : you see, Ryosuke and Shida knew that they’re cousins so it’s alright for them to do this but I’m afraid that they’re falling for each other.. secretly.

Azumi : You mean it’s all just a lie?

Ryuzaki : Here look at this. (Showing her the pictures, the old picture and the one on the album) The boy at the middle is the same and I believe that it’s Ryosuke.

Azumi : Huh?

 Ryuzaki : Both pictures are titled as “family picture”. (flipping the picures) This one (pointing the picture on the album) says “Ichikawa family” while the other one says “Yamada Family”

Azumi : EH? I didn’t get this.

Ryuzaki : This album I’m holding belongs to Ryosuke’s late mother. (showing the cover of the album) Mina K. Ichikawa.

Azumi : K….  Kitagawa?!

Ryuzaki :*nod* So there’s a big possibility that Ryosuke might be an orphan. And since his real parents are “Yamada’s”, the mother he knew probably chose to still use his real parents surname.

Azumi : Do you think Ryosuke know about this?

Ryuzaki : I don’t know, he’s only 6 years old when Mina-san passed away. But I often heared him say that his mother’s maiden name is Yamada.

Azumi : So there’s a big possiblity that he might not know.

Ryuzaki : *nod* So I’m gonna ask you, Do you still love my step-brother?

"I do.."

She said in a low tone.

"But wouldn't it hurt Shida?"